Bloodborne to PC rumor thread.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well there have been rumors before, but over the last couple of weeks there has been some new life to this rumor.

It seems like it's a maybe? I'd replay Bloodborne a bunch more on PC. Especially with viable modding support.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Well, why HZD and Death Stranding and not one of their best exclusives? Makes no sense why they wouldn't release this game on PC. BB used to be an incentive to buy a PS4 but with PS5 just around the corner that's no longer really an issue anymore. Sincerely hope PC players get to enjoy the best game of all time.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I am legit stoked to finally have a chance to play BB, assuming it comes to steam. I'm annoyed enough at epic that at this point, even BB wouldn't get me to use them. I hope if its true, it gets a good port, it sounds like it might coincide with a ps5 remaster so heres hoping.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
If Bloodborne comes to PC, I would TOTALLY give that a shot.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That would be awesome.

I love bloodborne (it's my favorite playstation exclusive and my favorite from software game), but I don't love that it's locked at 30 fps or the loading times. It feels fine to play, but sometimes you can really feel the lack of responsiveness due to the 30 fps lock. I would absolutely love to replay it on my pc.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Played through it two years ago, but never had the motivation to revisit it. I'm just tired of the difficulty in FromSoftware games. It didn't used to be like this in Demon's Souls and early Dark Souls. But that's what they're known for now, so they have to live up to people's expectations of being really punishing now. I never even finished the last boss in Sekiro. After trying for about an hour, I decided that since I'd already seen almost everything in the game, I'd waste my time on something else. Kind of wish developers made their games in vacuums, ignoring the fans. Kojima's games got worse for it too.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Will we finally be able to aim the gun?

Yes, I know the answer is no, but I just wanted another oppertunity to harp on how stupid it is that you can't aim the gun.

Anyway, cool I guess, if it means it improves the overall experience for the people who love this game.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Played through it two years ago, but never had the motivation to revisit it. I'm just tired of the difficulty in FromSoftware games. It didn't used to be like this in Demon's Souls and early Dark Souls. But that's what they're known for now, so they have to live up to people's expectations of being really punishing now. I never even finished the last boss in Sekiro. After trying for about an hour, I decided that since I'd already seen almost everything in the game, I'd waste my time on something else. Kind of wish developers made their games in vacuums, ignoring the fans. Kojima's games got worse for it too.

SSI is giant fucking pain. I'm sure I died at least a hundred times to that guy, far more then any other boss in the series and would spend hours at a time trying to best him. I got as far as the Spear Phase playing legit.

I finally used a mod to beat his ass, which was "cheating" I guess, but I don't feel bad about it. If he gets to bring a gun to a sword fight, I get to spam shurikens at him until he's ready for a deathblow. All it takes is removing the SE limit and suddenly SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN Red dot.

What? It's not funny when I do it?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
SSI is giant fucking pain. I'm sure I died at least a hundred times to that guy, far more then any other boss in the series and would spend hours at a time trying to best him. I got as far as the Spear Phase playing legit.

I finally used a mod to beat his ass, which was "cheating" I guess, but I don't feel bad about it. If he gets to bring a gun to a sword fight, I get to spam shurikens at him until he's ready for a deathblow. All it takes is removing the SE limit and suddenly SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN SHURIKEN Red dot.

What? It's not funny when I do it?
I actually really liked going back to Sekiro and playing with a bunch of cheats enabled. It made that game a lot of fun, even though I removed all danger. Just being able to go around and fearlessless fuck dudes up was great, and it sped the game up a lot since i didn't have to sneak around anymore.

Reactions: Dalisclock

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Sekiro is definitely the hardest From Software game by a long mile. You're always on a razor's edge with that game but that is also why I love it. Every fight is a life or death one with almost nothing but agile enemies. That clashing of swords and gushing of blood after a deathblow is simply incredible. Sekiro has one of the best combat systems ever invented. Besides some DLC bosses I thought Bloodborne and DkS3 were fairly 'easy'. I had a much harder time with Demon's Souls or DkS1. The newer games with more lenient i-frames, no fat rolling, reduced enemy poise(probably also because they no longer needed to camouflage poor hit detection/reaction with older animation techniques) and speedier combat made a lot of difference.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’m curious about this part.

If I had to guess like Max...

- Bloodborne on PC
- Elden Ring (not surprisingly)
- Demon’s Souls Remasters/Remake for PS5 and possibly PC
- Bloodborne 2 (at least announced, perhaps shown)?!?!

That would indeed be an intense couple years.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I’m curious about this part.

If I had to guess like Max...

- Bloodborne on PC
- Elden Ring (not surprisingly)
- Demon’s Souls Remasters/Remake for PS5 and possibly PC
- Bloodborne 2 (at least announced, perhaps shown)?!?!

That would indeed be an intense couple years.
Bloodborne 2 sounds extremely unlikely. It's a pipe dream at this point. Demon's Souls remake...maybe but I still don't have high hopes. Bluepoint confirmed it's remaking another classic but I have yet to see any suggestion from them that this is ineed DeS. Could be DeS but could be any number of other games as well of which i rank DeS not even as the highest. Bloodborne port..could very well be now that they ported other PS4 exclusives. Elden Ring already confirmed to be in development even if we had nothing but a CG trailer in an entire year.

Everything these youtubers say is just baseless speculation/wishful thinking anyway. Only real thing I'm realistically hoping for is a gameplay reveal of Elden Ring.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Haha this is one of my predictions in our latest episode of The Escapist Show. Was made right before the rumors started popping up again.

I believe Bloodborne and Spider-Man will be the next two PlayStation exclusives to make their way to PC.

Also if I'm right then Jack has to destroy his sound machine for an episode. So I'm excited for that.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I believe Bloodborne and Spider-Man will be the next two PlayStation exclusives to make their way to PC.
you really think they'll bring Spider-Man over?

I mean that'd be cool for those who couldn't play it.

Personally I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn to actually release on Steam. It has a store page but still no ETA date.

I do think the ultimately Playstation is going to keep some things console exclusive. Like i don't think God of War will ever be a PC release. Or if they do, it wont be until the game is years and years old.

Which is why Bloodborne made so much sense. It's been over 5 years since Bloodborne came out, and that's long enough to have the game ported to PC for it to make sense.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I am legit stoked to finally have a chance to play BB, assuming it comes to steam. I'm annoyed enough at epic that at this point, even BB wouldn't get me to use them. I hope if its true, it gets a good port, it sounds like it might coincide with a ps5 remaster so heres hoping.
I'm the same but swap around Steam and Epic

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
you really think they'll bring Spider-Man over?

I mean that'd be cool for those who couldn't play it.

Personally I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn to actually release on Steam. It has a store page but still no ETA date.

I do think the ultimately Playstation is going to keep some things console exclusive. Like i don't think God of War will ever be a PC release. Or if they do, it wont be until the game is years and years old.

Which is why Bloodborne made so much sense. It's been over 5 years since Bloodborne came out, and that's long enough to have the game ported to PC for it to make sense.
I do think they'll bring it over. I think Sony's strategy going forward will be to release their exclusive backlog on PC after they've got the initial sales on PS4 /5. There's no reason for them to not bring them over, really.

The consoles don't matter anymore imo, it's the ecosystem that does. People that had a PS4 are gonna go to PS5 presumably because the majority of their libraries are now digital and they want to keep the stuff they bought, just like you would on Steam. Microsoft is making a killing releasing their exclusive properties on PC, Sony's definitely watching and thinking the same thing.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I do think they'll bring it over. I think Sony's strategy going forward will be to release their exclusive backlog on PC after they've got the initial sales on PS4 /5. There's no reason for them to not bring them over, really.

The consoles don't matter anymore imo, it's the ecosystem that does. People that had a PS4 are gonna go to PS5 presumably because the majority of their libraries are now digital and they want to keep the stuff they bought, just like you would on Steam. Microsoft is making a killing releasing their exclusive properties on PC, Sony's definitely watching and thinking the same thing.

What if Sony made their own store on PC. Like Microsoft, like Steam, etc. Wher eyou could link your PSN profile and have your games and achievements be interchangable between console and PC.

That would be great for me personally. Because it would allow me to play PS games on a more powerful and better system, but still work towards upgrading my trophy profile.

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
What if Sony made their own store on PC. Like Microsoft, like Steam, etc. Wher eyou could link your PSN profile and have your games and achievements be interchangable between console and PC.

That would be great for me personally. Because it would allow me to play PS games on a more powerful and better system, but still work towards upgrading my trophy profile.
I don't think they need their own store, you could just log into your account like you do on Xbox. You have the Xbox app, and when signed into that, I'm earning achievements on Steam and Xbox when I play Xbox games on Steam.

Long as you can connect accounts in the game you should be good.