Bloodborne to PC rumor thread.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I do think they'll bring it over. I think Sony's strategy going forward will be to release their exclusive backlog on PC after they've got the initial sales on PS4 /5. There's no reason for them to not bring them over, really.

The consoles don't matter anymore imo, it's the ecosystem that does. People that had a PS4 are gonna go to PS5 presumably because the majority of their libraries are now digital and they want to keep the stuff they bought, just like you would on Steam. Microsoft is making a killing releasing their exclusive properties on PC, Sony's definitely watching and thinking the same thing.
Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Same reason why they made PS Now available for PC. Consoles still ties people to the brand but subscription services make them the most money now. I believe PS4 wouldn't even make Sony any profit without PS+. If they can increase digital sales on PC then ofcourse that is also an expansion of their market. Espescially with PS4/5 sharing the same x86 architecture as PC.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Same reason why they made PS Now available for PC. Consoles still ties people to the brand but subscription services make them the most money now. I believe PS4 wouldn't even make Sony any profit without PS+. If they can increase digital sales on PC then ofcourse that is also an expansion of their market. Espescially with PS4/5 sharing the same x86 architecture as PC.
This is also a much better win-win for both consumers and platform holders. PC fans get more great games they never had before, and Sony or whoever boosts their bottom line in a way that doesn’t involve raising prices or resorting to crappy monetizing schemes.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Haha this is one of my predictions in our latest episode of The Escapist Show. Was made right before the rumors started popping up again.

I believe Bloodborne and Spider-Man will be the next two PlayStation exclusives to make their way to PC.

Also if I'm right then Jack has to destroy his sound machine for an episode. So I'm excited for that.
Out of curiosity, would you have asked him to stop going on about stardew valley as much over destroying the sound machine if you could do it again?

Because I saw some massive eyerolls when he was going on about Stardew Valley.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Out of curiosity, would you have asked him to stop going on about stardew valley as much over destroying the sound machine if you could do it again?

Because I saw some massive eyerolls when he was going on about Stardew Valley.
Haha Jack and I's gaming tastes just clash a lot. He's been on like a pixel art farming "sim" binge for weeks now haha.

Reactions: Dalisclock