Blue Review: Mo-Fi Headphones, Yeti Microphone and Accessories

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Radius II does the job.

...barely.

Given it is, effectively the only game in town, that's probably all you need to know. But it's expensive and still struggles with the weight of the Yeti. I would expect this more from a third-party device than a brand-name accessory.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Blue Review: Mo-Fi Headphones, Yeti Microphone and Accessories

We take a look at Blue Microphone's Mo-Fi headphones, Yeti microphone, Radius II shock mount, and The Pop windscreen.

Read Full Article

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Rhykker said:
Note: there are "spider shockmounts" available that fit the Yeti, but these mounts sit on your desk and cannot attach to a mic stand
The main (and imho, superior) contender as replacement for the Radius II does affix to a standard mic stand/boom...

Link [http://www.amazon.com/Microphones-Custom-Spider-Shock-Mount/dp/B00HL5WWHQ]

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I had always heard that the Yeti mic was firmly planted in the best bang for buck category. For some strange reason I want one. I have no need or use for one but the desire is still there. Very strange.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Previous analog headphones that I'd plug into my computer had to be turned up to max volume just to be loud enough for everyday use
Weird, never really noticed that myself except with headphones specifically intended for amps. My current Ultrasone HFIs work fine on 20% volume, and at max volume from the PC theyre loud enough to listen to like a speaker from a meter or two away.

Just pick an impedance suitable for the intended use.