Blutooth on phones will not find this device Altec Lansing IMW888

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Daughter lost the power cord to this a million years ago and never touched the speaker again. I found the speaker while cleaning, bought a new power cord for it, charged it up, but now when I hit the blutooth symbol on top, it beeps but neither android nor Iphone see a new device available. Altec Lansing IMW888. I see they're up to IMW889 now... has that much changed? Is this thing now obsolete? 1619542385830.png

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It sounds like you need to hold the power button down for 5 seconds to start it in pairing mode.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
It sounds like you need to hold the power button down for 5 seconds to start it in pairing mode.

I think your instructions must be for their minis. This on, you hold the power button 3-5, heck, 10 seconds, a blue light comes on and that's it. There is a blutooth symbol that I think puts it in pairing mode. It blinks green and makes a ringing noise but when I scan from either Android or Iphone, no new device appears. Hmmmm.

SOLVED: Hold down the bluetooth symbol for 3-5 seconds the light starts blinking green and it makes a ringing noise. I do not know what is happening there as that does NOT appear to be pairing mode. I powered it on and very very very lightly poked the same symbol and that worked. Phew.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think your instructions must be for their minis. This on, you hold the power button 3-5, heck, 10 seconds, a blue light comes on and that's it. There is a blutooth symbol that I think puts it in pairing mode. It blinks green and makes a ringing noise but when I scan from either Android or Iphone, no new device appears. Hmmmm.

SOLVED: Hold down the bluetooth symbol for 3-5 seconds the light starts blinking green and it makes a ringing noise. I do not know what is happening there as that does NOT appear to be pairing mode. I powered it on and very very very lightly poked the same symbol and that worked. Phew.
I've found bluetooth speakers like that tend to have really weird quirks when it comes to pairing. It seems rare that any of them have an easy to identify pairing scheme.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've found bluetooth speakers like that tend to have really weird quirks when it comes to pairing. It seems rare that any of them have an easy to identify pairing scheme.
Happily, the thing is loud enough to get me yelled at :) Planning a weekend at the beach and this thing is waterproof!

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Happily, the thing is loud enough to get me yelled at :) Planning a weekend at the beach and this thing is waterproof!
I'm sure everyone at the beach will love listening to you blast Gungnam Style 15 times in a row on your bluetooth speaker.

People who use speakers in public are bad people.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm sure everyone at the beach will love listening to you blast Gungnam Style 15 times in a row on your bluetooth speaker.

People who use speakers in public are bad people.
Duly pre-spanked. Only if no one else is around. EDIT: I meant yelled at by my missus. She can hear a cricket fart at 1000 yards.