Bomb Strapped to Teenage Girl?s Neck (UPDATED)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
And here I thought I was done hearing about collar bombs after Marjorie Diehl Armstrong got life in prison.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:
I was all "damn, poor her".

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs. After that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
Yes, it only makes sense that because someone has more money than you it's good for them to get a bomb strapped to their neck and the potential to die.

Makes total sense and I applaud your total lack of compassion for another human being.
I said it was an illogical hatred, didn't I?

Btw, don't pretend you really care about her. If you do you're either deluded or lying to yourself. She's someone I'll never meet, regardless of whether she lives or dies, her death will not affect me at all so yes, I do not care about her situation and I do not care if she dies.
Oh cool, I didn't know we were such great pals and you knew everything about me.

If I didn't care about the girl I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of posting a news story asking Australian locals if they knew more about what was going on. You don't care about the girl and that's fine, but don't assume that everyone else is like you.

We should hang out more often.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Bomb's removed! YEAAAAHHHHHH.

Source was ABC news 24 (the Australian broadcaster not the American one) so I can't repost it anywhere.

DRobert

Feb 5, 2011
Don't know anymore than you do. In fact, you don't even know what you are claiming to know. The cops have not confirmed many details at all. They have not said that the bomb is around her neck. They have not said that it was affixed to her by an intruder. They have not said that attempting to remove it will cause it to explode. They have not said that she cannot move. It's probably reasonable to infer that the bomb is preventing her from leaving, but cool yon jets, team, and use decent news sources:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-03/sydney-bomb-squad-investigates-suspicious-device/2823278

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Sneaky-Pie said:
Oh cool, I didn't know we were such great pals and you knew everything about me.

If I didn't care about the girl I wouldn't have through the trouble of posting a news story asking Australian locals if they knew more about what was going on. You don't care about the girl and that's fine, but don't assume that everyone else is like you.

You're not even in the same country as her, your media might not even mention her death (should it happen), so why do you care so much about someone you didn't know existed up until today?

I don't know, I just might not understand your point of view because I've never been given a reason to care about my fellow man.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
Wow this sounds like it was something ripped directly from a movie, also the guy in the middle looks like Harry Connick Jr.

I was going to say Dexter Fletcher at first but thought better of it.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:

If I didn't care about the girl I wouldn't have through the trouble of posting a news story asking Australian locals if they knew more about what was going on. You don't care about the girl and that's fine, but don't assume that everyone else is like you.

You're not even in the same country as her, your media might not even mention her death (should it happen), so why do you care so much about someone you didn't know existed up until today?

I don't know, I just might not understand your point of view because I've never been given a reason to care about my fellow man.
It's an emotive story, just roll with it. I'm pretty sure I empathise more with this girl who lives many suburbs away from me than I do with the person who lives 4 houses down atm and that's just how psychology works (in normal people) ;). Seriously though empathy is not calculated with a map.

Also pretty sure they got it off her as I mentioned earlier.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
*blinks-blinks
I'm at a lost for words but I have so many questions. Why would somebody strap a bomb to a teenager's neck.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I love that in the report link, one of the related stories is: Wanna Learn How to Defuse Real Bombs? Play Video Games

OT: Oh shit. It's too early in the day for this kind of stuff. I haven't even eaten yet.

Akimbo_Slice

Jun 1, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/user/30minutesorlessmovie?v=tniUYCjjaLI&feature=pyv&ad=13180362810&kw=and

The criminal must be trying to copy this.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Am I the only one who automatically thought this;

In other news, good luck to the bomb squad guys, and I hope the girl isn't panicking too much :3 [who am I kidding, I'd be running around squealing like a piggy]

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Jeeze this is 20 minutes Drive from me.

Poor girl, wouldn't wish that kind of torture on anybody.

On a side note it sounds a bit like the movie Speed.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
The intruder had played too much Fallout 3.

All games should be banned.

Seriously, though. Poor girl. She could potentially be stuck there for days. Can't shower, and depending on how much she can move, might need a catheter as well. She'll probably be scarred for life. Assuming they manage to defuse the bomb.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:

So, just because someone else is from another country, I should not care about whether they live or die? They're a human being, like me and you.

Above all that, the girl is only 18 and I'm pretty sure that she did nothing to deserve to have bomb strapped to her neck.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
The Rockerfly said:
Loks like she could of had

a blast

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH

OT: Man that's horrible
I'm surprised she's so calm. Most people would really lose their head in panic.
I agree but the Australia media have really blown this out of proportion

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:
I was all "damn, poor her".

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs. After that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
Yes, it only makes sense that because someone has more money than you it's good for them to get a bomb strapped to their neck and the potential to die.

Makes total sense and I applaud your total lack of compassion for another human being.
I said it was an illogical hatred, didn't I?

Btw, don't pretend you really care about her. If you do you're either deluded or lying to yourself. She's someone I'll never meet, regardless of whether she lives or dies, her death will not affect me at all so yes, I do not care about her situation and I do not care if she dies.

I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on anyone, but seeing as it has and I can't do anything about it, why should I care?
Just because the situation doesn't effect us doesn't mean we can't think its completely horrible

OP: "local reports that girl has been freed from device safely." I can't comprehend why somoeone would do such a thing.