Boobs Oddly Censored On Samurai Warriors 3 Cover

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Boobs Oddly Censored On Samurai Warriors 3 Cover

Notice the amazing difference? Was it really all that necessary to censor what amounts to maybe a few millimeters of painted cleavage on a clothed woman?

Is the U.S. really in a situation where Nintendo (publisher of Samurai Warriors 3 in the U.S. and Europe) felt it'd get heat for leaving a line on a cover that indicated a woman has lady parts? Maybe I'm overreacting, but it makes me a little bit sick to see the incredibly silly situation that the U.S. is in compared to the rest of the world as indicated by this cover. I'm dumbfounded, but glad to know that in some strange corner of the country a child doesn't have to be exposed to the horrors of a female samurai's mammaries.

Source: GoNintendo [http://aussie-nintendo.com/news/23627/]

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Even when the difference is essentially nonexistent, America still has to be the bigger prude.

Meh, whatever, I don't really see what purpose boobs should serve on a cover, anyways.

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
Not going to lie but I agree with sneakypenguin, it actually looks like it fits her body and not about to slip off any moment. Other then that I don't see why that would really matter considering the billboards you can see in Las Vegas show a lot more then that.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I think the 'fixed' one looks better.

Eitherway, there was no real point in changing it as its a very very minor difference.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Looks like she's wearing more effective undergarments. But only since you pointed it out. I had to stare for about ten seconds before I noticed anything. And then ten more seconds, just to be sure. And then ten more, just for the hell of it.

Can't wait to play this game, regardless.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
I'm surprised that us UHMUREEKANS didn't change it completely.

"Foreign sword using people that threaten our freedom." That would be a MUCH better game.

OT: I can't say I'm surprised as it is Nintendo, a family friendly company.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I'm going to echo sentiments here: I think the second one looks better. The top one makes it look like the poor woman probably has some serious lower back problems, while the bottom one (while not totally) is ever so slightly more reserved.

Still silly that they changed it, but in this case I honestly think it was for the better aesthetically.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
You actually care about such a small discrepancy?

Furthermore, you actually observed that portion of that both of those pictures long enough to notice?

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Thank you so much for writing this Tom. You perfectly expressed a problem I have had with American games industry for awhile. Whether the above or bottom picture looks better isn't really the point, I think. But maybe it's just me.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
I cant believe a Samurai Warriors game came out without me knowing... gonna have to check Amazon!

oh and yeah the lower one looks better because it looks like its actually gonna stay in place and not slip off

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Bottom one looks better to me.

Kinda silly censoring though. I'm hoping this was just a aesthetic thing, as opposed to intentional censoring.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
sneakypenguin said:
I actually think the bottom one looks better.
While I do agree, this is simply getting ridiculous, the covered what, about half a centimeter of cleavage? Ohh yeah that's a completely necessary editing job.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
This is like what they do to magazines and media covers in the middle east. Has anyone seen that? They tend to draw fabric over women's shoulders. It's pretty...usubtle.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
this kinda censoring always happens

look at yugioh cards, im pretty sure u can easily find bout 100 something cards edited...

i dont get why we do it tho, i blame paranoid mothers tho..

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
It's like the when they changed Mirror's edge concept art it's completely pointless because no one will notice...