Boobs Sell Games, According to Activision

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Breaking News: Sex Sells.

Tune in later for our next reports: The Sky is Blue, Water is Wet, and The Cow Goes "Moo".

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
So THAT'S what you need to sell games. All this time I had this crazy notion it involved actual game design. That's why they fired those Infinity Ward guys, why do you need multi-million dollar earning developers when you have strippers and plenty of one dollar bills to give them curtosy of the guys you just fired! (in case the point wasn't clear, i'm done with all activision games)

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
The statement isn't news. Neither is a powerful corporation bribing influential and easily impressionable people which will market their product.

This is almost turning into a law: The more hyped a game is, the more it tries to mask how much it sucks.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Give that woman my money!
Uhh, what was this about?

Also, lol at the guys who try to act 'above' the influence of hot women. You know you like it, don't act chivalrous :)

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
I don't know if that will sell more games.... but it will certainly make me take a second look at their promo videos :p

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I just watched a pole dancer do her thing for 30 seconds. Apparently this is supposed to get me hyped up for a new game? Didn't work.
But somehow my infantile brain has related this blunt sex appeal to the experience I'll get in the game.
I am now totally captivated with this game that I know nothing about aside from the fact that it was marketed with strippers.

And holy shit, if all strippers were that...limber, Cirque du Soleil would go out of business.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I have to ask...how did that stripper get so far up the pole? I mean, do her shoes have climbing tacks on or something?

Anywho... Activison, increasing the net level of evil in video gaming since 2000.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
BREAKING NEWS!

No shit Sherlock. The people who you sell the game to will just be a bunch of sweaty, pubescent, 13 year old chronic masturbating assfucks.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Thats nice. How about some actual GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?
Read the article. They did show some gameplay footage, just because you didn't see it in the video does not mean it didn't exist.

And what's with people reading only the headline and commenting about that then?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
AvsJoe said:
I just watched a pole dancer do her thing for 30 seconds. Apparently this is supposed to get me hyped up for a new game? Didn't work.
I'm with you on that. Pole dancers are boring.
Now if she was topless... Hmm...

Feb 13, 2008
Mirrorknight said:
Breaking News: Sex Sells.

Tune in later for our next reports: The Sky is Blue, Water is Wet, and The Cow Goes "Moo".
Thanks for that Bob. We've also late breaking news that Activision has been described as being akin to the "Pale Rider" that speaks of the end of days. More on that later.

There does seem to have been some controversy about women being allowed into GDC who were not actually strippers. Surely these suffragettes are getting too far ahead of themselves since they were given the vote.

Here at Faux News though, we welcome the ladies out of the kitchen to pole-dance for our nerds that are obviously incapable of getting close to a woman normally.

[small]Seriously? Strippers...ffs. Why not just have authentic heroin samples to sniff as well?[/small]

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
until they have a satanic blood orgy with drugs not known in this dimension, 10,000 year old lust demons molesting you at every step while the resurrected remains of Kurt Cobain plays the songs he wrote in HELL! becomes popular then I'm keeping my shocked pants on the coathanger.

I just can't wait until the new Kirby game gets announced

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
So wait, i've never played it but just how many boobs were in Modern Warfare 2?

If enough copies sold to ensure that everyone owned 2.7 copies, that's a lot of boobies.

And was it man boobs only?