Boobs Sell Games, According to Activision

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Really? No shit...boobs could sell something as repugnant as Nazis let alone videogames

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I just watched a pole dancer do her thing for 30 seconds. Apparently this is supposed to get me hyped up for a new game? Didn't work.
Thought the same thing of DoA: Paradise. This shit just doesn't sell me.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
BREAKING NEWS!

No shit Sherlock. The people who you sell the game to will just be a bunch of sweaty, pubescent, 13 year old chronic masturbating assfucks.
Actually, the sweaty, chronically masturbating assfucks who attend GDC tend to be much older.

Also, while we're on the subject, will someone tell me why pole dancing isn't a sport yet?

Owlsensei

Mar 9, 2010
So... what happens when they want to sell games to women(don't laugh) do we get Chippendales?

And I don't like how that pole is shaking, hope it was safe.

Apr 28, 2008
This just makes me want to go see a stripper, rather than play the game...

And what about the women folk? Do they get male strippers or something?

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
True crime? Well the first one was cool, the second got REALLY out of hand..

Byers

Nov 21, 2008
I'm not sure how well their strategy works.

If there's strippers and free drinks, watching or playing game demos would be the last thing on my mind.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
if boobs sell so well, how come MW2 is the best selling game of all time, without any boobs involved..? not even a single man-tit on soap or anyone else...

your logic is flawed Activision... or did you just think that it would be unfair to everybody else if you put boobs in the game..?

oh dears... i've said boob to many times by now o_O

WhiteRat07

Some guy
Aug 13, 2009
Sex doesn't sell to me well at all. If anything this made me think it must suck if they went this over top to advertise it.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I thought GDC was more about the technology and ideas behind development of new games and less about boobs.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
See? I know what they're doing. But the part about the stripper? That just muddled my thoughts. It's like watching Bayonetta IRL. I may never play another Activision game, but I'll thank them for the strippers.

lawdjayee

Dec 13, 2007
Gee, I thought mainly industry types and media attended events like GDC...so...isn't the intended audience for this performance...the guy that wrote this article? And not people who might buy the game? PLEASE.