Book of Eli Studio in Talks to Buy Blade Runner Rights

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I admit, all I got from Blade Runner was the ability to say I saw it an a gigantic "WTF" that still confuses me to this day.

Anyway, Book of Eli was awesome, so I think they can do it. Not to say I'd expect something amazing, but at the very least it has potential.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It's strange I haven't seen Blade Runner. Completely at least. But this doesn't promise anything too good anyways.

The Book Of Eli was such crap, I couldn't even watch it to the end.

Vivendel

Oct 12, 2009
Korenith said:
Oh wonderful. One of the sci-fi classics gets handed over to the people who butchered the Wicker Man and managed to make denzel washington fighting Gary Oldman in a post appocalyptic wasteland boring. This will go well....
You took the words right out of my mouth. This will only end in humiliation and despair for all parts involved.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Eh you kids are all so negative. There's a lot of interesting stuff in Blade runner, mentioned only in passing. What's a C-beam? There's wars in space? And the colonies? In short maybe go with anime.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Ghengis John said:
Eh you kids are all so negative. There's a lot of interesting stuff in Blade runner, mentioned only in passing. What's a C-beam? There's wars in space? And the colonies? In short maybe go with anime.
I would accept an anime series specifically go cover those points. Thanks for bringing those up btw :)

gazz567

Mar 3, 2010
It's funny how hollywood is now so bereft of ideas they have to try and remake or rehash anything and everything. This will not end well and we all know it, so tell you what lets not *****, moan or complain. Let them do it and not see it and then when they look at their balance sheets they will realise what an almighty cock up they have made.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I wonder how many people here know of/have played the Blade Runner game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)]? That was pretty good and based off of the film, showing that good stuff can come out of further use of the Blade Runner universe. Let's not hastily jump down this studio's throat before we actually know anything about what they're planning.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
I like the replies to this news, simply because to those that said that Blade Runner doesn't need a sequel, I'd like to say "Did you not realise there was a series of Blade [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human] Runner [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_3:_Replicant_Night] sequals? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_4:_Eye_and_Talon]"

All of which are considered official, and have been authorised by Philip K. Dick himself. Further, the damn things "attempt to resolve many of the differences between the novel and the film". So, to be honest, I don't exactly see an issue here.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Rayne870 said:
Ghengis John said:
I would accept an anime series specifically go cover those points. Thanks for bringing those up btw :)
Ty man.
GiantRaven said:
I wonder how many people here know of/have played the Blade Runner game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)]? That was pretty good and based off of the film, showing that good stuff can come out of further use of the Blade Runner universe. Let's not hastily jump down this studio's throat before we actually know anything about what they're planning.
Exactly Raven. The typical assumption of citizens of the internet is to lean towards cynicism. That they're "going to screw things up". But they did succeed in 1997 in making something set in the same universe that was quite good. Have some faith in the strength of the material folks and maybe I'm asking too much but, keep an open mind?

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
*long inhale, falls to knees*

...[/youtube]

WHY WON'T THEY LET THE BONES OF THE GREAT ONES REST
Seconded. Both the Vader scream and the sentiment. Is nothing sacred any more?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Anachronism said:
TsunamiWombat said:
*long inhale, falls to knees*

...[/youtube]

WHY WON'T THEY LET THE BONES OF THE GREAT ONES REST
Seconded. Both the Vader scream and the sentiment. Is nothing sacred any more?
I suggest you check out post number 36 in this thread.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Nevyrmoore said:
All of which are considered official, and have been authorised by Philip K. Dick himself. Further, the damn things "attempt to resolve many of the differences between the novel and the film". So, to be honest, I don't exactly see an issue here.
Those were published over a decade after Philip K. Dick's death. There's no way he could have actually approved of the final text.

As for the idea of a Bladerunner sequel/prequel/remake?

Flow, my tears, fall from your springs,
Exiled for ever, let me mourn
Where night's black bird her sad infamy sings,
There let me live forlorn.