Boom Boom Rocket(XBOX Live Arcade)

Amisbro

Nov 26, 2008
You know that a game company is desperate to expose you to games that are on a service you don't have when you find a compilation disc in a store and its around $5 USD. Nothing makes this more clear than the "Dance Dance Revolution" meets fireworks rythm game called "Boom Boom Rocket"

Now I know you may wonder why I am singling out this game from the disc and this answer is quite simple: IT'S THAT BAD!!!

The concept is simple: You time your button presses to sync up to what button(or direction) is flying up towards a bar. The closer you are to the bar the better the grade you get. While this sounds simple in theory the controller tends to be unresponsive at points which is frustrating as hell when you are trying to keep up in the endurance mode as it speeds up.

Much like its cousin after a song is done(provided you didn't fail) you get graded on how you did, IF you can somehow get an "A" grade on this game give yourself a medal! Instruct2tank thinks this games is too hard by its standards!

All of the games songs seem to be parodies of songs that are actually out there("Smooth Operreta" = "Smooth Operator") and even so they aren't all that great! What EA? You couldn't find a better way to sell this game to us that you made us pay for it? God next time ya want to pack something in with your overexposed Madden series make it a game like this please so I, as well as the rest of the commune can avoid it!

Bottom line: AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Amisbro said:
All of the games songs seem to be parodies of songs that are actually out there("Smooth Operreta" = "Smooth Operator") and even so they aren't all that great! What EA? You couldn't find a better way to sell this game to us that you made us pay for it? God next time ya want to pack something in with your overexposed Madden series make it a game like this please so I, as well as the rest of the commune can avoid it!
Hang on, some of the best classical music of all time, albeit in modern techno form, is "not that great"?

You, sir, are a loony.