Booth Babe Boobs Get Booted

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Booth Babe Boobs Get Booted

A pair of young ladies posing at NCsoft's Blade & Soul [http://www.bladeandsoul.com/global/en] booth were ordered out of the G-Star 2009 convention because their costumes showed off a little more skin than organizers were comfortable with.

Everybody likes booth babes, right? Wrong! Organizers of the G-Star 2009 [http://www.gstar.or.kr/parti/eng/] event in Korea issued a warning to exhibitors against employing models with overly-revealing outfits such as bikinis or outfits "similar to underwear." Pants or skirts were to be long enough to cover the pelvis, while upper clothing was required to cover at least one-third of the model's back. Exhibitors who violated the rules risked having the power to their booths cut off and could even be booted from the event entirely.

Turns out they weren't kidding: Two hotties working at the Blade & Soul booth were tossed out of the show for wearing excessively skimpy costumes. An MMO News [http://www.ncsoft.com/], it's the first time a booth babe has ever been kicked out of the event.

Two words for you, Korea: You suck.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
Malygris said:
... Pants or skirts were to be long enough to cover the pelvis, while upper clothing was required to cover at least one-third of the model's back.
That's not ludicrously conservative ...and an unspecified amount of their fronts?

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
It looks like the one on the right is missing the bottom half of her costume.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Dont hate me but, im glad.
Some of the outfits that you can see people wear at conventions are totally inappropriate.
And some reasonable dress codes cant hurt.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
kukuku ^^ said:
Malygris said:
... Pants or skirts were to be long enough to cover the pelvis, while upper clothing was required to cover at least one-third of the model's back.
That's not ludicrously conservative ...and an unspecified amount of their fronts?
They would just leave that to your imagination. Clearly, the publishers also suck because they did not notice this very sexy loophole. And I just made myself uncomfortable after saying that. Just try taking taht out of context.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Kim Jong Jil must not have had any luck with the ladies. SO NOW NOBODY ELSE WILL EITHER! D:<

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I like the one on the right more but that said, they were given notice so it should not have come as a surprise that this happened after all you gotta play by the home rules when at someone elses home.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Hey, they laid down rules beforehand. It's probably a family-friendly event, and you don't need to wear something resembling a swimsuit to attract attention. In my opinion, the lady on the left is better-dressed anyway, so... yeah.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
scotth266 said:
Hey, they laid down rules beforehand. It's probably a family-friendly event, and you don't need to wear something resembling a swimsuit to attract attention. In my opinion, the lady on the left is better-dressed anyway, so... yeah.
It's a game trade show kinda like E3. Or at least is what I got from their program...Don't see anything family friendly about it.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Kim Jong Jil must not have had any luck with the ladies. SO NOW NOBODY ELSE WILL EITHER! D:<
Kim Jong Il only governs North Korea. South Korea is very different.

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
Seeing as some people might turn up with their parents or their other halfs it would probably lead to fewer awkward moments. There probably has to be a line and they crossed it!

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
scotth266 said:
I agree, they had established rules, even so, they both look mighty fine.