Borderlands 2 Recruits a Playable Psycho Class

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Wasn't the person that could cloak meant to be for melee? Because that's all I used him for, with buffed melee and a weapon that gave +100% melee I was set for life.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Excited to play a melee-focused character that's not Zer0 or the Mechromancer with the claws.

Jan 27, 2011
I already have the season pass, so the extra levels and loot level, and PLAYTHROUGH 3 (!@#$ YEAH) really excite me. :D

New class looks kinda fun. Gonna wait to see what his skill trees do before buying it. Also, if my younger bro decides to get into borderlands, I'll use that guy as my character. Give me a reason to replay the game again with a new class. :p

AC10 said:
My favourite part about BL2 was how it's a loot driven game where easily above 99% of the loot is unusable trash that's no fun to use. We also love doing 80 BUNK3R runs in 10 hours to maybe get a blue weapon. This way we all have to follow their twitter and news feeds for shift codes so we can actually get a weapon that isn't awful. Solid game design. Fun times.
*shrugs* I...haven't had that much trouble yet. My friends and I just passed the Control Core on playthrough 2 (we're all around level 45+), and we tend to find pretty decent loot. We each have a metric TON of golden keys (I have 17 left, and another friend had 24), because we practically never feel like we need to use the chest.

I've only felt like I desperately needed to open it twice. The rest of the time I just stick to regular drops and don't have too many issues.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Kind of boring.

There are so many other interesting enemies we could have played as that would have been so much more different from the regular roster. I still like my Idea of a Skag with a mounted holster on it's back for a gun.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Tom_green_day said:
Wasn't the person that could cloak meant to be for melee? Because that's all I used him for, with buffed melee and a weapon that gave +100% melee I was set for life.
Yeah, but that's the backstabby, boring kind of melee.
This is going to be the fun kind of melee, like Brick was in 1.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
frobalt said:
Please tell me that the level upgrading pack will have other stuff in it instead of just being a level increase. The season pass has seemed like a waste of money to me so far...
"The Borderlands 2 Season Pass allows users who purchase it to access the four DLC packs for Borderlands 2 at a reduced cost compared to purchasing them separately as soon as they become available."

That's taken straight from their Wikipedia page. This level increase is not considered part of the four campaign DLC's. Technically, you are getting more than what you payed for. You are still getting the reduced cost of the DLCs (WHICH IS WHAT YOU BOUGHT IT FOR) and now you are getting this level cap increase thrown in for free. I know people hate the word entitled around here but you are getting exactly what you payed for and more.

If anyone should be annoyed it's the people who don't have the season pass and now have to spend 5$ on something that really should have been bundled in with the other DLC like the previous game did. But whatever, it's 5$ that will probably get me another 20 hours of enjoyment so I'm not really going to complain too much.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
frobalt said:
Please tell me that the level upgrading pack will have other stuff in it instead of just being a level increase. The season pass has seemed like a waste of money to me so far...
"The Borderlands 2 Season Pass allows users who purchase it to access the four DLC packs for Borderlands 2 at a reduced cost compared to purchasing them separately as soon as they become available."

That's taken straight from their Wikipedia page. This level increase is not considered part of the four campaign DLC's. Technically, you are getting more than what you payed for. You are still getting the reduced cost of the DLCs (WHICH IS WHAT YOU BOUGHT IT FOR) and now you are getting this level cap increase thrown in for free. I know people hate the word entitled around here but you are getting exactly what you payed for and more.

If anyone should be annoyed it's the people who don't have the season pass and now have to spend 5$ on something that really should have been bundled in with the other DLC like the previous game did. But whatever, it's 5$ that will probably get me another 20 hours of enjoyment so I'm not really going to complain too much.
Here's the part I didn't know (bolded in your quote). I thought it would be the 4th DLC for the season pass and we wouldn't get any more.

People might not like the word entitled, but when I've paid for something I'm entitled to get it.

I agree with you about the last part - It is annoying that Gearbox thing they can charge money for a simple level increase.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
GAunderrated said:
frobalt said:
Well I hope you learn to never buy season passes then. It is a pre-order for DLC with is just stupid to buy on faith no matter how good the company.
I'm vehemently anti-preorder and also anti DLC but I made an exception for this game and don't regret it. Admittedly I would be pissed if I didn't preorder and saw the mechromancer cost $10 (the best class btw).

The DLC is fine, nothing to write home about. It isn't gamechanging like Knox was in BL1 but has new enemies, new environments. Big Game Hunt actually has a fun premise deconstructing the whole "hyper-competent omnicidal archvillian" schtick.

People whine about the drop rate but they need to get over themselves. I played ~300 hours and I've seen 3(4?) orange weapons which were only marginally better than the purples, doesnt really matter though, you don't need the "best" guns to win. And when you cap and don't feel like starting a new toon, play something else, you have beaten the game!

Of the big publishers T2 appears to have the least bad record of corporate villainy. And you can really see the passion the developers have for the Borderlands lore. The whole Fyrestone portion and the quests in that zone area love letter to BL1.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
frobalt said:
Pearlescent weapons, which are going to be by far the rarest and most powerful weapons (hopefully also most unique). Also fro everyone they are going to add a playthrough 3 designed to be played at max level with high end gear (basically a hardcore difficulty level presumably with a higher drop chance for rare weapons). Also their releasing the level cap increase shortly before the 4th campaign dlc (which is meant to be their largest dlc yet) so the dlc will most likely be quite the tough one to make up for the new skill combos available.

Zachary Amaranth said:
TK421 said:
Freakin seriously. What happened to the days where the devs would just patch the game when they had small updates like that? Now we have to pay for what is ultimately just a bugfix? BS.
Gearbox has not exactly been the most ethical group of late.

Though I'm still more amused by the fact that it wasn't possible a couple months ago, and now it's specifically a paid feature.
well they changed their mind when they saw the massive out cry for it, also the level cap increase in borderlands 1 was part of a dlc (the best dlc) here they give you the option of just getting the level cap increase if you don't want the campaign dlc and if you are the person who wants the campaign dlc and level cap increase there is the season pass. Also the dlc include the highest rarity of weapons not just level cap increase.

their reason for not increasing the level cap was it would make the game too easy, so the completely free playthrough 3 is getting introduced.

Mr.K. said:
JokerboyJordan said:
The only thing I worry about is that they'll run out of ideas for characters for Borderlands 3, or otherwise end up rehashing things.
They just took an NPC already present since the first game and turned him playable, they aren't exactly digging deep on creativity.

I'm just confused as to why anyone would want this, these characters actually add nothing to the overall game and their playstyle varies in very small percentages.
And I won't even go into the whole "$5 to unlock level cap" bullshit.
have you played gaige or even any of the foru main character, yea in borderlands 1 your character made very little impact on your gameplay but in borderlands 2 your character can massively influence your gear and play style. This character has a play style about keeping yourself set on fire, a single ability which completely changes your method of getting a second wind. His action skill cool down is by default reduced when ever you take damage. I say more is needed to really tell whether this character is worth it but he sure seem different.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
nuba km said:
well they changed their mind when they saw the massive out cry for it
They changed their mind on something they claimed would break the game fundamentally.

lol.

Apologetics are fun.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
nuba km said:
well they changed their mind when they saw the massive out cry for it
They changed their mind on something they claimed would break the game fundamentally.

lol.

Apologetics are fun.
Like I stated in my post they thought it would make the game too easy and presumably thats what they are making playthrough 3 for, also they found that some combos would crash the game I presume thats what they are working on before releasing the level cap increase (that and the pearlescent weapons). Also I am not an apologetic there is plenty I find wrong with borderlands and borderlands 2, I also think that gearbox seems to be incapable of handling anything beyond the borderlands franchise.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
josemlopes said:
So his ability is just melee? I would really like to see a bullet time thing like in Red Dead Redemption where you would mark the enemy and then the character would just unload the equivelent to the clicks you made or untill the magazine is empty to the spots that you marked. For the co-op you would have it be like in Max Payne where all the other players in his view range would also get the slow motion effect applied to them.

I dunno, I just would like to see something that the series still dont have.
His action skill allows him to use his axe, you can trow it and killing someone with the axe grants you a full health bar. Cooldown rate is 2 minutes, but taking damage makes the cooldown absurdly fast.

OT: Will be getting Krieg :p

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
frobalt said:
RedDeadFred said:
frobalt said:

Here's the part I didn't know (bolded in your quote). I thought it would be the 4th DLC for the season pass and we wouldn't get any more.
Ah, that makes sense. I would be pissed too if this was considered the 4th DLC for the season pass.