Borderlands and Civilization IV Switching From Gamespy to Steamworks

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Borderlands and Civilization IV Switching From Gamespy to Steamworks

[http://pv.webbyawards.com/2014/web/general-website/games-related]

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Well atleast some of these games will be saved, which is good because Borderlands still has a community.

KnightOfAthena

Dec 13, 2010
Question: I have Borderlands Game of the Year edition physical copy and it used SecuROM, is there any information about being able to add the keys for the game and its DLC to steam?

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Well I believe this is a delay response to game spot's server hissy fit last year. I wonder if publishers and developers are going to avoid them.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
Now if only they'd remove the SecuROM from Borderlands I'd be a happy camper. I've never played either of the Borderlands games out of principle. Because I loath playing series out of order and they still have SecuROM in the first one (it was taken out for Steam... then they snuck it back in on the Mad Moxie's Underdome DLC and have never taken it off) same reason I've never played any of the Arkham games. Oh well, not like there aren't other games to play in the meantime.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
Well I guess I'll finally get to play Borderlands multip... Naaaah, I don't care at all.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Ratty said:
Now if only they'd remove the SecuROM from Borderlands I'd be a happy camper.
There's a good chance of it. They removed it from BioShock 2 when they transitioned that from Games for Windows Live to Steamworks, and WB Interactive removed it from the Batman Arkham games when Games for Windows Live was patched out of those. It seems to be the common wisdom in the gaming industry now that Steamifying an older game means removing all third-party DRM even when it isn't strictly necessary - or perhaps just in case, so you don't have to go through the same song and dance again if that ever gets shut down as well.