Borderlands Box Art... so what do you think?

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009

I'm pretty excited about this game, it looks great and I loved fallout and diablo 2 so should be right up my ally. Its box art is pretty different though, I'm not sure if I like it or not, I like that its different and that it has plenty of attitude but I'm not sure how well its going to sell the game from a marketing point of view.

So yea what do you guys think of it?

edit: just for those who haven't been following or know much about the game, its a fps/rpg with a big focus on multiplayer and playing online with your friends as much as playing by yourself. it was inspired by mad max and diablo (by blizzard)and aparantly there is 'millions' of different weapons available due to some upgrading/customization system.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Well it will stop the mothers of all the 12 year olds from buying it =).

They might not know what the little M means but they sure can see the art.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Crowser said:
Well it will stop the mothers of all the 12 year olds from buying it =).

They might not know what the little M means but they sure can see the art.
haha that might not actually be such a bad thing, except sales usually means good dlc

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
It's...kind of outlandish. Like, it's a picture you would expect to see on a poster, not the cover of something. o_O

Not to say I don't love it, because indeed I do it's just...unnerving? Would that be the word?

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Looks alright. I've been only vaguely aware of this game so I don't know if the boxart is a good representation of it or not but it's certainly eyecatching.

DigitalJedl

Apr 10, 2009
Yes, I love it! Creative I guess would be the word you could use.
And just from what's on the cover we can tell not many children will be playing this. :]

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
The guy kinda reminds of the guy who guides you on Killer 7. And that game was all shades of weird. So since the cover reminds me of Killer 7 the cover is also a little weird. But the game looks great nonetheless.

virko

Mar 17, 2009
I have to say thats better than what I was expecting. I remember checking the game on IGN a few weeks ago and the box art they had there was pretty drab, being just the somewhat Crackdown-esque logo supersised on the box. May have been placeholder art though.

As for this though, I have to say I like it. It shows off the cel-shaded graphics and hints at the violent side of the game. Twelve year olds beware indeed!

- Cam

edit: the more I look at it, the less I like the yellow font.. The contrast it makes with the red background just doesn't agree with me perhaps. Silver/ Grey font would be better in my mind.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
I liked the video I just watched on ign - is there an online multiplayer?

it looks really sweet!

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
virko said:
edit: the more I look at it, the less I like the yellow font.. The contrast it makes with the red background just doesn't agree with me perhaps. Silver/ Grey font would be better in my mind.
the fonts grown on me but, grey/red colour schemes are awful imo, i like the yellow and the contrast between the red and the dusty white/light brown

Mezrev

Apr 4, 2009
This is possibly the best cover art I've seen on any game, ever. If I wasn't already interested in the game, I'd surely find out more if I saw that cover in a store.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
I love it, it looks fun and cartoony with a darker edge. I actually like the red/yellow contrast there, it works well.

disillusion_me

Jun 21, 2009
Thurmer said:
virko said:
the fonts grown on me but, grey/red colour schemes are awful imo, i like the yellow and the contrast between the red and the dusty white/light brown
i like milk

shooter games are for columbine bowling squad geeks

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
virko said:
It shows off the cel-shaded graphics and hints at the violent side of the game. Twelve year olds beware indeed!
As if:
"Ohmigod! I'm not buying this kiddy shit fag game!"

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I think that the box-art is extremely cool. I haven't seen anything like it before.