Borderlands Has Sold 3 Million Copies

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
the reason this was the fastest selling origonal game of 2009 is because there were only like 10 and 8 were shit. was batman:AA an origonal game?

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
PurpleLeafRave said:
If I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3, will I like Borderlands?[/sarcasm]
they're VERY different games, rent it and see what you think. BL is more of a shoot-y run-y game where-as FO3 and Oblivions (why is there no shorter way to type oblivion, O?) combat is just there to break up the RPGing a bit.

Screw_it

Jan 21, 2010
Gearbox outsources like the wind blows. So naturally, they can afford to give huge bonuses and rewards to their staff of 60 non-douchebags and then deny the 300 contractors of anything... But hey! Who needs stock options when you can have your name in the credits? :D

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
No dicks and no douchebags? That's racist!!!!

The company must be a total of one person. lol The only way I can ever see it working.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Altough he's right, I can't help to shake the subtle irony from this line coming from him. The way he moaned, complained and ridiculed about every studio that puts out 3D graphic over the last few months...well that just makes him kind of a douche and certainly a dick.

Also couldn't help but be reminded of this:

I'd love to work in a company that provided % on profits, so awesome.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Too fucking bad those nice people can't fix the need for port-forwarding to host a fuckin' game.

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
"No drama, no dicks, no douchebags."

Oh the irony, isn't this the same company that flamed Crytek and Valve for not being innovative enough like them?

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Too fucking bad those nice people can't fix the need for port-forwarding to host a fuckin' game.
There are some things that are out of their control. They can't control what ports YOUR router has locked out/etc... Sorry man, but that's just a stupid reason.

Almost all the games you purchase at least recommend you port forward even to play online, and especially if you intend to host games. Nothing strange or new here mate.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Zer_ said:
Flying-Emu said:
There are some things that are out of their control. They can't control what ports YOUR router has locked out/etc... Sorry man, but that's just a stupid reason.

Almost all the games you purchase at least recommend you port forward even to play online, and especially if you intend to host games. Nothing strange or new here mate.
I don't use a router. I don't have this problem with hosting games.

I just get sick of trying to join a game and never being able to connect. At the very least they could post some sort of announcement or make it so that people with unforwarded routers can't host games so I can actually FIND a game.

Good job implying that I'm an idiot though.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
LWS666 said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
If I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3, will I like Borderlands?[/sarcasm]
they're VERY different games, rent it and see what you think. BL is more of a shoot-y run-y game where-as FO3 and Oblivions (why is there no shorter way to type oblivion, O?) combat is just there to break up the RPGing a bit.
TES IV? TES 4 if you want to be really lazy.

I wonder if they employ a sort of dick/douchebag punishment system.

Tom: Hey guys, Jerry just made fun of my preliminary models. He's being a dick!
Jerry: Did not!
Tom: Did too!
Randy Pitchford: Sorry Jerry, but I heard it too. Looks like it's your turn to sit in the Circle of Shame.
Other game designers: Circle of Shame! Circle of Shame!
Pitchford: I'm very disappointed in you Jerry. You've already got three ticks against your name on the douchebag board. If you keep this up, we may have to let you go.
[/drama]

I mean, can they seriously weed out all the dicks and the douchebags based on how they hire them?

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
theownerer said:
I agree with everything that yahtzee said about the always shooting the same guys in the desert and it should be dreadfully boring so why cant I stop playing it?
Yahtzee also thinks WoW is unplayably horrible and they still have a trillion players. I laugh at the idea of he'd say if he got a crack at Farmville and their 35+ million players.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Can I has DLC please.

Asia PSN is getting shafted by 2k (no DLC yet!), Capcom a Japanese company(No RE5 DLC yet!) and Ubisoft (No ASSCREED2 DLC yet, even with studios in Singapore AND Shanghai)

You think the Europe PSN has it bad

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Well if there was any game deserving of selling this many copies, it's Borderlands. I'm glad to see that this wasn't a failed experiment and maybe we'll have to more FPSRPGs on the market. Gearbox keeps saying things that make me like them more and more.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
good design team...now if only they could make the Pc version run at all...hard to set up co op games, completely lost my characters down to no fault of my own...

i was enjoying this until i lost everything and im not playign the game again cause its just a really big grind fest, one time is fine, friends is great, but dont make me and a friend have to start over....

/rant

Faps

Jul 27, 2008
easy evil said:
activision are such liars
?DJ hero highest grossing new IP in the US and Europe for calendar 2009," yeh well NPD numbers are telling me a different story. Good to see Borderlands on top shows what can be done with a little creativity.
Well highest grossing is a lot different from highest selling. DJ Hero cost anything from two to three times as much as Borderlands so it probably is the highest grossing game.