Bosses and Boss fights that make you go "F*** this, F*** that, I am not fighting him/her! I AM OUT!"

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Dragon Khalameet from Dark Souls: Prepare to Die explansion.

Well... Specifically because I wanted to not just kill the thing, but to chop its tail off.
Infuriating lack of progress...
Then - revelation.
Win!

Took a lot of tries to get to that revelation part :/
In the end, made me appreciate the game even more.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Kai Leng in Mass Effect 3 pre-patch. For anyone who wasn't an Infiltrator (who can go invisible and cause him to stop targeting you) he was an unfair, extremely frustrating boss fight with several incredibly damaging moves and a few unavoidable insta-kill moves as well. The only reliable way to beat him was to keep retrying until he glitched out and stopped attacking.

Thankfully a patch made him much easier.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Dark Souls. Just...Dark Souls. You constantly have to come up with new ways to fight enemies/bosses, it's not even funny.

I know that if you're good at the game, it's possible to win just by dodging everything, but...yeah. Doesn't really help on your first playthrough.

Also technically, Priscilla the Crossbreed. I wanted the scythe you get with her soul, but I just couldn't attack her.

Bonk4licious

Jul 5, 2013
Vamp in MGS4. Basically unless you used the internet you probably spent a solid ten minutes killing him before you said f*ck it and did something else for a while. But Metal has a tendency to make you really think about boss battles, so it's not as if we weren't expecting it.

LegendaryVKickr

Jul 20, 2012
Saturn from Borderlands 2...most of the bosses in Borderlands 2 are...decent. This one, not so much. I ended up just sitting in Fyrestone where his rockets couldn't get me and shooting him over and over with my pistol and sniper until he died, cause I sure as hell was not going to be more aggressive since his attacks could one-shot me.

The best part? Spent fifteen minutes mashing the fire button, whittled his health to a sliver...and he literally despawned right in front of me, at which point I literally shouted "fuck this!" and sprinted right past him the second time to get to my mission objective, preferring to just dodge the lasers and rockets.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
spartan231490 said:
Spider queen and brood mother both from Dragon age origins. I had so many deaths between those two bosses on my nightmare run.
God I hated fighting her the first time. And then easy mode: she couldn't touch Shale or Dog with her most damaging ability, her grab attack. Seriously I had a tank that just withstood everything the game threw at me in that game but against that? Worthless, he was dead within seconds of it happening. Absolutely infuriating.

Boss I said "Fuck this noise!" to? The Dragon King from Demon's Souls if only because even with fire protection(ALL of it) he'd still kill you in one puff nine times out of ten. Oh it drove me mad.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Daniel Janhagen said:
Final boss in Ninja Gaiden for the NES.
To make it worse: Normally in that game, if you die you can start at the beginning of the level again. Not so if you lose on the final boss. If I remember correctly you get pushed back 2 whole levels, but I'm not sure, as it's been a long time. I remember it being a lot harsher than the other bosses in the game, at least. (and it's not like the game was all that easy up to then either).
Oh man that last boss was a killer! I played that game to death when I was a kid, but I was never able to beat him. That game was so epic, I need to get my hands on it again!

The Final Fantasy series has also given me much grief throughout the years. FFVII was my first proper RPG, and boy did I pay for my inexperience. Basically I jumped into the crater, and saved my game, overwriting my only save game. As I battled my way down to the final boss, everything was going ok until that bastard Sephiroth transformed my party one by one into frogs. I had no items to cure it with, so I didn't stand a chance. I had no choice but to RESTART the game, 40+ hours ingame for nothing, lol. I guess you gotta learn the hard way....

Although I didn't. In FFVIII I didn't bother to properly level up my party, and as a result I ended up with a final boss fight for the ages.. it took me three hours to beat her! The time was something like 3.30AM when the credits finally scrolled across the screen. I was absolutely exhausted afterwards, and I think I skipped school next day as a result, lol.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I can't play inFAMOUS 2 as evil because of the Boss Fight/ Ending

Sucker Puch have made me good, I can't be evil no more!

Skull Bearer

Mar 6, 2012
Mass Effect 2, Grunt's Loyalty mission. After a game of fighting Thresher Maws with a mako and dying 2 times out of 3, I get to fight one on foot.

FUUUUUUUUU-

Thr33X

Aug 23, 2013
Tell me if the sounds familiar to any of you fighting game fans...

ME: Yeah! I finally beat your two-tone, half naked ass! Eat it, *****!!!
GILL: RESURRECTION!!!
ME: You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Man, fuck this game!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Guilty Gear XX. In particular, fighting I-No as a boss. Not only she has every problem of a fighting game boss (enhanced stamina, more damage, unblockable attacks, computer fast perfect reflexes, unbalanced moves impossible to pull off when playing as her), but she has a move (called Megalomania) that, literally covers 80% of the screen with undodgeables projectiles. In Internet there are guides specifically made to handle that move, and guides that clarify "no Megalomania"...

It was so ridiculous I stop caring after a few attempts.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
I thought of a few more all from Legend of Dragoon:

First, we have the Dragon Staff, who for one thing is immune to dragoon magic (gee thanks Winglies!) second, it attacks dragoons at their weakspot (little hint, every partymember is a dragoon . . . even the
winglie partymember

Then, all monsters, characters and bosses have an elemental weakness, except for . . . wait for it . . . guess who . . . stalling tactic, the Dragon Staff! and as if that wasn't bad enough, it has a special magic attack that does HUGE elemental damage of all elements at once on your whole party guaranteed to hit them with THEIR elemental weakness.

Then, we have the icing on the cake, when it gets down to red health, it pulls out a move that gives it half it's max hp back in one go. Great, thanks . . . I FINALLY got you down to less than 1/3 of your health and you're back up to like 80% . . . . great.

Next, we have the Divine Dragon, which isn't a spoiler because anyone that's played even a few hours of Legend of Dragoon knows there's all kinds of talk about Dragoons being likened to gods so there might as well be a god dragon. But, this one gets a little, mind you LITTLE less frustrating because you get a pair of quest items that lower it's abilities . . . not that it doesn't have ridiculous stats even outside of that with non-elemental magic that hits all your party members and always hits at 150% power . . . .

Then, finally, we have a huge spoiler so here's the warning:

When you go to Mayfil (if memory serves) the City of Death, you found out that the Winglies had a factory sending souls for judgement where the Winglies would decide who go to hell and who goes to heaven. Dicks . . . . anyway, early into it you go into a small room and a soul comes down into it with you, it's the soul of one of the dragons you've killed! and it says to it's dragoon it doesn't want to go to hell! how sad. So you kill it and move on. Well, the last one of these that you come across is the soul of the Divine Dragon, and not only does it materialize as it was before you used the quest items last time, but all of it's stats are just about doubled. Yes, I know, you can skip the Dragon Soul battles but do you REALLY want to be the one written in the history books as "that douche who saved the world but wouldn't save his own god from Hell"? I know I wouldn't want that. But frankly no . . . fuck the Divine Dragon's soul boss fight . . .

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Skull Bearer said:
Mass Effect 2, Grunt's Loyalty mission. After a game of fighting Thresher Maws with a mako and dying 2 times out of 3, I get to fight one on foot.

FUUUUUUUUU-
you gotta have the (hilariously labeled) anti-personnel nuclear device gun. If you have that, just 2 or 3 full charge shots and the on foot thresher maw fight is easy

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Birth By Sleep - Lingering Spirit Vanitas

I got my ass handed to me in 10 seconds flat. I burst out laughing and thought "Nope! I'm not even gonna try to make that one happen! It's a lost cause if there ever was one!". I played my own game of 'Screw attacking him, how long can I survive?'. I think my record was about 30 seconds.
I imagine it would've been much the same with the Mysterious Figure had I bothered to try him.

The only one that comes to mind right now which actually did annoy the hell out of me was (Kingdom Hearts again) - Marluxia in Chain of Memories. I just could not beat him :( Even though I had Sora over Lv 70. I never finished that play-through.

I think they nerfed him more than a little in Re:CoM - granted I was at an even higher level but my deck was made for dealing with swarms of enemies, not particular ones (ie, bosses). I was gonna make a new deck just for him but thought I'd take a crack at him for the lolz with my normal deck first...

I barely had to heal myself 0.0 I just unleashed sleight after sleight without giving him a chance and tore him to pieces. It felt fantastic after my previous debilitating defeat :D

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
I remember that guy the first time I fought him. I also remember the second time, in which I had done a ridiculous level of grinding and so was able to blast him with Holy and Flare.
Fun fact, did you know that on the 2nd occasion you can throw 2 Phoenix Downs at him to win instantly? He's a zombie the 2nd time... cure hurts him :p

Stu35 said:
Any of the Dark Aeons on Final Fantasy 10.

Horrible bastards. Encountering one of them was synonymous with me turning off the game and forgetting about it for a few months.
I agree, they're just not fair - but you can exploit something in particular :) Summon Yojimbo, pay him to use his strongest attack (I forget the name, Zanmoto or something). Reload if he doesn't use it cus he will likely only get 1 attack before he gets torn to shreds... but if he succeeds he will insta-kill them.

Ironically enough, the only Dark Aeon I couldn't beat was Dark Yojimbo simply because you had to kill him like 6 times in a row. I'm just not lucky enough to pull off Zanmoto that often 0.0

So the lesson here is;

Aeons < Dark Aeons < Yojimbo < Dark Yojimbo

Thr33X

Aug 23, 2013
CatBus said:
Thr33X said:
Tell me if the sounds familiar to any of you fighting game fans...

ME: Yeah! I finally beat your two-tone, half naked ass! Eat it, *****!!!
GILL: RESURRECTION!!!
ME: You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Man, fuck this game!
Yep, I remember that. Beating him with every character was a major chore. The best thing to do was try and beat him down before he reached his super on the first round (possible but not always easy). Then have him waste it on the second round.
Nowadays I can spot the exact frame in the Resurrection's animation to jump in and stop him with minimal recovery, but still that was cheapness of SNK level proportions, lol.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
http://www.gamerzines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ArtDesign.jpg

Banshee from Mass Effect 3. You pregnant looking, weird nippled, teleporting, slow piece of blue SHIT!!

Yeah they aren't hard to beat once you know what you are doing but when you meet them for the first time, you are introduced to that damn scream in the background that so off putting. Then they're more than one and you see how slow they move so I thought, "Hey why not just use melee on these creepy things?", that was a massive fail as they just grab me and kill me straight away. Alright then time to scope this mother f'er since they are slow. Got a clear shot and just when I am about to pull the trigger, TELEPORTATION!! "OH FUCK THIS!!!" Frags, slam, emptying rounds into that thing, whatever else I used to kill it weren't fun.