Boy Kills Brother After Videogame Argument

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DigitalJedl said:
Kross said:
So, the younger kid loses at a video game, then goes and gets a shotgun and loads it as a bad joke (OH HI PARENTS). And the older brother takes it away from him, the gun going off in the process.

It sounds like an accidental suicide, due to their father's negligence in securing his firearms.

Oh, wait, I mean:

The brothers were playing a death simulator, and the older bother, fresh off the high of virtually disemboweling his younger brother, gloats maniacally. The younger brother, driven over the edge by the combination of the adrenaline from murder simulating and his recent e-defeat, remembers where his dad stored his shotgun. And every gamer knows shotguns are the best short range solution in a firefight.

He carefully loads the barrels, but his older brother recognizes the familiar sound of a shotgun loading near the area of the weapon spawn point. He charges in to melee range, prepared for the inevitable quicktime struggle. Then, the older sibling valiantly mashes his brother's face to disable the shotgun, but fails to stop short of the final button press that resulted in an instant kill. In the cutscene after the battle, he realizes that his enemy was actually his younger brother, and unlike their other battles, Aeris dies.
I've never laughed so hard in my life...
I think it's safe to assume that Kross should get the Sad Clown's Laugh reward. Wait. What am I saying? Why sad? Another idiot is gone from this planet.

It's about time Mother Nature did something right, instead of choking me every spring with flowers and grass.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
I honestly don't think the videogame had much to do with it, it's painfully obvious the father is to blame for stupidly teaching his sons how to use a shotgun in the first place and then leaving it handy for them to happily use.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
And videogames fit into this in what way? I mean, it was obviously the fault of the neglectful father, who taught his son how to load and fire a fucking shotgun and then left it lying around where anyone could get to it.

Feb 13, 2008
jthm said:
I dunno guys. Sad and all, but we just lost a child who thought the best solution to losing at a video game was to load a weapon and threaten his brother.
You mean your brothers don't do that? Jeez, one of mine would try and knife me while the other would kidney punch me if I ever won that much.

DigitalJedl

Apr 10, 2009
Abedeus said:
DigitalJedl said:
Kross said:
So, the younger kid loses at a video game, then goes and gets a shotgun and loads it as a bad joke (OH HI PARENTS). And the older brother takes it away from him, the gun going off in the process.

It sounds like an accidental suicide, due to their father's negligence in securing his firearms.

Oh, wait, I mean:

The brothers were playing a death simulator, and the older bother, fresh off the high of virtually disemboweling his younger brother, gloats maniacally. The younger brother, driven over the edge by the combination of the adrenaline from murder simulating and his recent e-defeat, remembers where his dad stored his shotgun. And every gamer knows shotguns are the best short range solution in a firefight.

He carefully loads the barrels, but his older brother recognizes the familiar sound of a shotgun loading near the area of the weapon spawn point. He charges in to melee range, prepared for the inevitable quicktime struggle. Then, the older sibling valiantly mashes his brother's face to disable the shotgun, but fails to stop short of the final button press that resulted in an instant kill. In the cutscene after the battle, he realizes that his enemy was actually his younger brother, and unlike their other battles, Aeris dies.
I've never laughed so hard in my life...
I think it's safe to assume that Kross should get the Sad Clown's Laugh reward. Wait. What am I saying? Why sad? Another idiot is gone from this planet.

It's about time Mother Nature did something right, instead of choking me every spring with flowers and grass.
About time that woman got off her butt and called her mate Natural Selection. Sorry, if NS has nothing to do with this. But they are usually together in some way, shape, or form.

I think I see how the majority of XBL will be in the future...
you win a game, you die in real life. :l No fanboyism intended, just pointing out the kids that I encounter daily... :(

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I feel I should point out that the article doesn't even say the game they were playing was violent. It could have been a sports game for all we know. It seems to me that this kid just didn't know how to control his anger (understandable at that age), and he didn't have a healthy respect for firearms as a deadly weapon (inexcusable at any age). Unfortunately irrational anger and lacking an understanding of just how dangerous guns can be can easily end with somebody dead.

Moral of the story: If you have guns, make sure your children know just how dangerous they can be (or at least keep the ammo or gun were they can't reach it. A high shelf will do.)

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Ah damn I wanted to know what they were arguing about.

"Goddamnit man you only won because you didnt stop spamming hadouken!" *BANG*

Fox1789

Dec 3, 2008
thebestaround21 said:
I don't blame the father I blame the overreaction of the nine year old.
So is it also not the parents fault if their toddler gets into cleaning supplies and is poisoned because they didnt put baby locks on their cabinets? The fact is the father should have kept the gun in a place where the child could'nt get it. Thats is a basic rule with owning a gun when you have children.

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
Psychosocial said:
I'm just waiting for someone to come and blame this on videogames.

I just find it hilarious that it's never the parents fault, always videogames.
It's because the parents are the voters, and if the politicians tell the truth and say it's the parents fault (even though it is) no one will vote for them... parents are proud pricks like that...

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
jthm said:
I dunno guys. Sad and all, but we just lost a child who thought the best solution to losing at a video game was to load a weapon and threaten his brother.
You mean your brothers don't do that? Jeez, one of mine would try and knife me while the other would kidney punch me if I ever won that much.
My sister broke my nose with a broken ceiling fan blade.

Bluesnow

Jun 10, 2009
I can see it now...

"Violent Video Games Brainwash Children into Blood Thirsty Murderers"

The Father is at fault.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Ganthrinor said:
TARDCHECKED.

Thank you Darrious Finley for removing yourself from the Gene Pool.
I love how people say that. I mean, a child just got killed, no one seems to be mourning the loss of a FUCKING 9 YEAR OLD CHILD!! Everyone asking who's to blame, and some people are even praising the fact that the kid is dead.

Am I the only one that thinks that's just a bit sick?

Nov 5, 2007
Arcade_Fire said:
Yeah, so the kid knows where to find and how to use a shotgun, but it's the video game's fault?

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity?
To be fair, the article mention video games only once. I hardly call that blaming, it's just giving context.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
*sigh* Its always the south.....always always the south makes; me sad when when I see one of my neighbor states in the news for a very redneckish crime.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
My father made sure that while we were growing up the weapons were locked away and checked to make sure the door was securely closed. He taught us to shoot and also taught us gun safety as well. The true reason why this happened is because the father mentioned in the article didn't lock away his double-barreled shotgun thinking his kids would automatically know not to use it to win arguments.

I am not surprised that the Marshall County Sheriff wanted to know what game the kids were playing. I believe the purpose of finding out the game that was played is solely intended on putting the blame on it. Even so just knowing that it was a video game in general blames all of them which may be worse. I do get frustrated and angry with games and the players when its not going well but I always know that eventually that frustrating level will be passed...someday.

Saevus

Jul 1, 2008
This is why I like how Canadian law mandates ammunition must be stored in a locked container separately from a firearm (which must also be disabled, or locked in a safe).

Seriously though, it may have been stupid but I can, to a degree, sympathise with kids that young overreacting. One can't rightfully expect a pair of brothers aged 9 and 11 to be level-headed in dealing with each other, but it's a tragedy that irresponsibility made their disagreement immeasurably worse than a little scrap.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
thebestaround21 said:
I don't blame the father I blame the overreaction of the nine year old.
Yeah because leaving shotguns and ammo around the house with children is a super idea.
Griever18 said:
Ganthrinor said:
TARDCHECKED.

Thank you Darrious Finley for removing yourself from the Gene Pool.
I love how people say that. I mean, a child just got killed, no one seems to be mourning the loss of a FUCKING 9 YEAR OLD CHILD!! Everyone asking who's to blame, and some people are even praising the fact that the kid is dead.

Am I the only one that thinks that's just a bit sick?
No trust me your not, I got a knot in my stomach after reading the headline and the fact the other kid isn't going to be punished is also really disturbing. I think that the parents should also be charged with negligence.