Boy Sees Boobs in Comic, Tells Mom, Mom Tells News

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
I'm often amazed at what people find offensive for their children. America is so damn prudish, at times, it's a wonder any of our children even understand what sex really is by the time their adults. Hell, the grocery stores around here are constantly having their magazines with women on the covers (I'm talking Cosmo, Glamour, Sports Illustrated) being turned around to 'spare their children's eyes'. Spare them what? You're going to turn your kid into the kind of freak only a mother could love. And his first time is going to be awkward as hell!

And oh my, what a shocker. This shit happened in Utah! Totally unsurprised and indifferent now. I'm amazed they even allow comics to be sold in that state.

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
Well it was in Utah.. so I bet the kid and his mom were Mormon.

And I also bet that Craigslist and Ebay were swamped with people looking to get The Spectre.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I don't get why people get upset over a pair of tits. You just know there has to be a grotesquely violent comic the kid has that the parents did not take away from him, one where a guy's spine gets pulled through his face or something equally gory.

The fact that this is a news story makes me laugh, somebody should be fired... maybe the mother.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
kesslerparadox52 said:
Ok, this is just a test post. The Escapist appears to be doing something odd. Every time I try to quote someone, it scrolls down to the 'Reply' text box, which is thinner then usual, and there is no quote. And the preview button does nothing. Again, I'm only posting to see what will happen
I've been occasionally having this problem as well. Not sure whats going on but I hope it gets fixed soon.

NeuroticMarshmallow

Nov 18, 2009
God its just breasts. I wouldn't want the kid seeing them at that age perhaps-but why did the mother tell the news?

NEWS HEADING: BREASTS EXIST!

what good does it do?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
This is actually a completely reasonable story. The comicbook was mislabeled, so the mother took it from the kid and the mislabeled merchandise was taken off the shelf.

There is nothing sensational or outrageous happening here at all.

Refreshing.

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
dsmops2003 said:
You have to understand Ogden Utah is right next to Salt Lake City which is the heart of Mormon country. To them that shit is offensive.
WHAT? Ok before everyone goes "ZOMG MORMON FREEKING OUT ABOUT HIS RELIGION" im an atheist. Mormons are polygamists... they has lots of boobies. Kay? Kay

Feb 13, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
A ten year old boy in Utah was shocked to find pictures of naked ladies in a comic and so was his mother. So shocked in fact, that she went to the press.
Jeez, what's he going to do when he discovers the Internet????

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
mechanixis said:
This is actually a completely reasonable story. The comicbook was mislabeled, so the mother took it from the kid and the mislabeled merchandise was taken off the shelf.

Refreshing.
Well, except for the five pages of replies questioning the sexual orientation of a ten year old and the intelligence and moral viewpoint of the kid, family, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, State of Utah, and the United States of America; sure, I suppose you could call this story "refreshing".

Spektre41

Jun 26, 2008
I would like to point out that The Spectre is the Ghostly Vengeance of God, and commits horrible graphic murder and death upon horrible sinners. Why would anyone buy this for their children?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
CyberKnight said:
mechanixis said:

Refreshing.
Well, except for the five pages of replies questioning the sexual orientation of a ten year old and the intelligence and moral viewpoint of the kid, family, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, State of Utah, and the United States of America; sure, I suppose you could call this story "refreshing".
Yeah that's a different story.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Keenanr1234 said:
dsmops2003 said:
You have to understand Ogden Utah is right next to Salt Lake City which is the heart of Mormon country. To them that shit is offensive.
WHAT? Ok before everyone goes "ZOMG MORMON FREEKING OUT ABOUT HIS RELIGION" im an atheist. Mormons are polygamists... they has lots of boobies. Kay? Kay
I do not think that is how it works.

I am deeply skeptical of this.

akilae

Oct 12, 2009
No sodding way the kid would ever complain to his mother about seeing boobs in a comic book, not a chance in a million, how come nobody called bullshit on it.

The mother likely found that by some other mean and told the kid was offended, outraged and traumatized in order to pull some fictitious prejudice out of her arse where there was none, and drama ensued.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Once puberty kicks in, getting mad and telling his mom is the last thing this kid will want to do when he sees a naked lady.