boys have a penis girls have a vagina

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
so again i once had a friend who didn't know men had a penis until she was 18. so when and how did you find out and can anyone even come close to 18 years old anymore in these days of internets and dick jokes?

capture: bone dry
no thx capture i prefer lube

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I was erm.. 9.. I think. At least when I became consciously aware of the fact female "missed" something downstairs.

Getting to an age over 12 without knowing that is weird though, don't you have biology class at some point?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I knew the ins and outs of human reproduction by the age of 9, thanks to parents who were perfectly comfortable with explaining how sexuality works. I suppose that contributed to demystifying sex in my eyes, recognizing it as a "no big deal", and maybe in turn, shall we say, seeking less practical experience of it than other folks might have in my adolescent years.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Maybe around 4 or something like that. I asked a lot of questions as a kid, and my parents answered pretty much anything. I asked them the difference, and they told me.

How the hell did your friend not know? The only way I can see it is if she was homeschooled and had no close friends at all. It seems impossible to not be told. Didn't she have sex ed or something? And why didn't her parents give her the talk? Hadn't she ever seen or at least heard of a urinal? She must have known something was different, didn't she ask?

If that story is true, she must have very bad parents.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Probably four or five, I remember learning in the house I moved away from when I was six, I had mainly female friends when I was a small child so that it was inevitable I'd learn early. I find it incredible though that someone didn't know until they were 18, presumably they had no internet access, brothers, sex education and few friends?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
[HEADING=1]OH GOD, I've been lied to this whole time! [/HEADING]

Seriously though, how can you not know by 18? There's sheltered and then there's stuck in a top secret underground bunker for all your life.

I think I was perhaps somewhere between 6 and 9 (heh 69) when I noticed that there was something different about girls. Besides the always deadly cooties, of course.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
ok i should prolly explain how she made it to 18 without knowing or thats all this thread will be

for starters she is about 60 now which means no internet, no jackass ball shots and very little tv or movie nudity.
she went to catholic school and they refused to teach sex ed. although i honestly don't know how you can make it through school without at least one of your friends mentioning their kid brother or their current boyfriend but yes somehow she was never in a position where the subject came up
she had very strict parents that thought if they never explained sex she would not become sexually active and you gotta admit up until she was 18 it fucking worked!
she was never under the illusion that men and women were the same but the extent of their differences was limited to women having boobs and looking feminine and men having more muscles and a deeper voice

also in case you missed it in the other thread. the only reason she found out was a male friend of hers while trying to convince her his job was "banana bender" tricked her into reaching into his pants (yes she was skeptical) otherwise she may never have known!!

i want to reiterate that she is not mentally challenged or anything, she is currently a fairly high powered business woman and is not easily fooled. just as a random fluke of events she was somehow able to avoid the subject of sexual organs for 18 years of her life and was thus unaware

also in case you didn't get the reference in the title i assume you are too young and must have missed the cinematic gem which is kindergarten cop starring governor Schwarzenegger

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I can't remember when I didn't know - I watched a lot of nature documentaries and I grew up around a lot of animals.

Or at least, I knew boys had the "stick" and girls had the "hole that the stick goes into". I didn't really know about the details of everything till I was well into puberty....Actually, I think I'm still figuring it out.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I had the talk around age 8. Later on we covered it in sex ed at school around age 10.

I am not aware of anyone I know from my generation who didn't learn at the same times I did, but then I haven't asked.

Ranger 17

Nov 26, 2012
lechat said:
so again i once had a friend who didn't know men had a penis until she was 18. so when and how did you find out and can anyone even come close to 18 years old anymore in these days of internets and dick jokes?

capture: bone dry
no thx capture i prefer lube
Wow.....0.o are you serious?

I knew that shit when I was 3 or 4. Then again I didn't know what the concept of, lets just say... ahem "pulling the pork" was till grade 9, so i can't judge to harshly :p

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I was 3. We were dirt poor back then, so I had to bathe with my sister to save water. My mom never avoided the whole sex talk thing anyway. I didn't even know it WAS a thing parents didn't talk about until I was 14 and spent more time on the internet.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I don't remember a time when I didn't know.

I recall seeing a vulva when I was less than primary(elementary) school aged (5).

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
Vegosiux said:
I knew the ins and outs of human reproduction by the age of 9
Please tell me that was intentional.

OT: I don't remember finding out, so it was presumably fairly young.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Wait, what?

Maybe it's due to the fact that I had an older sister, but I didn't think there was ever a time when I was conscious enough to ponder the question when I didn't already know the answer.

People seriously didn't know that girls and boys looked different downstairs until around 8/9? Didn't they see toddlers randomly getting naked, kids on the beach, or their parents in the bath?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I was quite young as I cannot remember a time when I didn't know the difference downstairs between boys and girls. My parents had no real problems explaining things to me when it came to sex and gender.