boys have a penis girls have a vagina

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I think maybe when I was 3 and me and some of my friends were still in the 'running around in the nude' phase.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm not sure when I found out but I saw my first real-life penis when I was four.

We were in school, lining up after lunch, when a boy in our class pulled his out and started waving it at the girls.

I guess he had just found out too!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Xan Krieger said:
I didn't know women have two holes down there till earlier this year and I'm 22.

Um, two holes?
I was shocked to learn they don't pee out of the same hole that you have sex in. I thought their urethra was in their vagina, I had no idea they were seperate.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
thaluikhain said:
Xan Krieger said:
I didn't know women have two holes down there till earlier this year and I'm 22.

Um, two holes?
I was shocked to learn they don't pee out of the same hole that you have sex in. I thought their urethra was in their vagina, I had no idea they were seperate.
No, I meant that most women have a urethra, vagina and anus. That's 3.

EDIT: Actually, for some reason, very many people don't know about the female urethra, it's hardly just you.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Xan Krieger said:
thaluikhain said:
Xan Krieger said:

Um, two holes?
No, I meant that most women have a urethra, vagina and anus. That's 3.
I messed up the way I said it, I should've said frontal holes down there. I knew they have an anus.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure I learned about the different parts when I was 3 or 4. Possibly younger.
I learned that girls were not icky, and were in fact pretty when I was 6 or 7.
I learned about interlocking them when I was 8.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Not sure, young though. Pretty sure I'd seen a few 'male parts' during my time at the pool when I was a child. Mostly with mothers changing their sons in the woman's changeroom, which was completely open, and seeing things was unavoidable.

For whatever reason though, up until sex education, I thought male genitalia looked COMPLETELY different than what reality faced me with... Think an upside down snowman... Yeah. That was a shocker.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I was 3 when my little brother was born, so from a really young age I knew that different genitals existed, just not why. That question was answered I believe when I was 10, and even then it was just the basic "birds and the bees" explanation from my mom. A couple of years later I had sex ed and got the details.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Because I was born with one, and came out of other, pretty much since I was born.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I think a friend told me how she pee'd at age 5 or something like that. But I knew before that. Girls also have boobs and boobs are fun to play with.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
If you people had a sauna, you wouldn't have issues like this.

Sauna solves all problems.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
I was pretty young, like 5 or 6 when I "realized" we had different parts, maybe near the end of my 6th year or when I was 7 was when I finally asked the details. My parents were pretty open minded and as far as "noticing" it, mainly stemmed from the fact I was raised in a place that didn't really care about nudity and we'd go to Onsens and the like.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Probably when i was four or five, when my mates sister wandered in to his room with no clothes...

A catch twenty two of staring in wonder, but also NOT staring because your mate is sat right next to you :S

As for figuring how it all worked i think i just found and read a book a few years later. At least it spared me the shock of the first sex ed class, those poor souls XD

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Must have been around the age of four. We bathed together, siblings and cousins and whatnot. Just throw all the kids into one bathtub, they'll figure things out themselves. It was a nice, stressless and completely natural thing. We also ran around in the garden naked, chasing rainbows. Something you cannot easily recreate as an adult.

The most important thing about penis -> vagina I must have learned around... hmmm... nine? Our most prudish and old school teacher lady introduced us to the most basic facts after a boy kicked a girl between the legs, which seemed to cause her great pain, which didn't make sense to any of us, boys and girls alike, so we asked questions and Mrs. Bunhead explained it all to us in one sitting. That was actually awesome. Oh, and she slapped the boy that kicked the girl, and made him apologize to the girl, which was also quite awesome.

Not knowing at age 18 is... pretty sad. Sounds like Carrie material.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I can't recall the exact moment, but at the very least it was before I was 6 years old.
I remember playing doctor with a girl from my kindergarten at five, you see.

I did see my sister naked far earlier than that though, but I'm not sure it registered to me that girls were different from boys like that, as I was probably too young to form those kinds of thoughts.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Funny story, actually.

I was four. Wandered into the bathroom, was confused by how my mom could pee without a wee wee.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
JoJo said:
I find it incredible though that someone didn't know until they were 18, presumably they had no internet access, brothers, sex education and few friends?
And no parents. Also: tough*. Sorry. Just had to throw that in there.

I don't even remember when I find out. Gonna say... around 8?