Brütal Legend DLC Coming in November

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
AkJay said:
At what point did free patches become cost-worthy DLC?
When they stopped being distributed by the companies themselves. If Valve, Blizzard or X company wants to host and pay for the bandwidth to offer a free patch - that's their own decision, but it is a little harder to suggest that Microsoft or Sony host it for free and eat the bandwidth cost.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Really? That's it? Ten dollars US for two multiplayer maps and an ax? Come on Tim, you can do better than that!

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
paragon1 said:
Really? That's it? Ten dollars US for two multiplayer maps and an ax? Come on Tim, you can do better than that!
$5, but the point still stands.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
this game shot straight to the top of my favourites list and its just securing its place for a while more now :D

<3 double fine

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
400 points for 2 maps? Wow that is a bit pricy. I could understand if there was a new army along with it.

And no I am not a anti DLC protester. Some are definitely worth it. This doesn't feel like it though.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Slycne said:
AkJay said:
At what point did free patches become cost-worthy DLC?
When they stopped being distributed by the companies themselves. If Valve, Blizzard or X company wants to host and pay for the bandwidth to offer a free patch - that's their own decision, but it is a little harder to suggest that Microsoft or Sony host it for free and eat the bandwidth cost.
or when they get put onto the 360 cause they don't like giving anything away for free

kingofpain97

Oct 22, 2009
iamq said:
This is seeming to be like Left 4 Dead where the only ones having to pay are the 360 users.
Yep. It's starting to get old too... I doubt anything will change anytime soon though.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
While it is true that some new story DLC would be very well appreciated and loved by fans of the game ( like for example me) some new multiplayer maps and weapons will do just fine for now. Although some new multiplayer modes would also work, but for now we'll just have to be patient. (FREE FOR THE PS3, HELL YEAH BABY!!!)

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
Malygris said:
"I play Brütal Legend online every night," said Tim Schafer, the big cheese at Double Fine Productions [http://www.doublefine.com/]. "And I need more maps! Circle of Tears is named after the crying of my vanquished foes on the battlefield, and Death's Fjord is obviously a tribute to my Nordic ancestors, and their love of fan geysers and... Well, actually I just thought the name was cool."
Checking the file size of the download makes it evident it is a key unlock, meaning it's already on the disc, meaning him stating he "needs more maps" is a bit misleading in that he's party to withholding the maps in the first place.

Yes, we all know publishers require a certain amount of DLC these days, but there's no need to come and bullshit your fans.

Just be a man and say - "There's a couple more maps and an extra weapon on the disc, but we thought it would be fine with people who bought this for £40 to pay an extra 400MSP."

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
just traded in brutal legend, or as i like to call it, tim schafers worst game.

I love the guy but found that the game has no replayability beyond the first week.