Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
As I mentioned in another thread, while this game is being promoted it seems to have jumped producers, winding up in limbo for a while waiting to be picked up. I'm not sure if that is a good sign given that most producers are looking for a return on their money, and excuses aside anything they wind up dropping is something that they don't think they will see returns on.

I look forward to this game, right up there with Dragon Age, BUT I'm also being realistic about it. Tim Schaefer is pretty bloody good, but I see his strength being in game concepts and writing. His design teams (in making things function) have been a mixed bag.

I think everyone can see the potential in Brutal Legend, but the big question is whether it can live up to it.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Jul 9, 2008
bue519 said:
Gormourn said:
Heh, I just saw that in E3 coverage.

Neat. I doubt I'll play the game though.

We'll see.
But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.
That and the fact that Shaffer is on record saying he hates making sequels. Too bad, as I'd kill for a Psychonauts 2.

That said, I honestly don't really get the appeal of this game, although, knowing Shaffer, that won't stop me from paying close attention. Still though, what makes this game so awesome?

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Fightgarr said:
bue519 said:
Actually I'm pretty sure the reason there's no Psychonauts 2 has to do with these reasons:
1. Double Fine is tiny and has a crew that can only work on one game at a time. After Psychonauts they went on to Brutal Legend.
2. Tim Schafer may not feel the need to water down a series with a sequel.
3. The game doesn't need a fucking sequel.

On topic I'm becoming slowly more and more excited for Brutal Legend.
...and that foxy nun demon.
Well, I'm sorry I just feel bad that lately his games have been getting shit sales figures. I find it very depressing, and I don't want to see a great developer go under.

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
bue519 said:
Gormourn said:

We'll see.
i find im torn, i have faith in tim schafer, yet lack faith in the content.

Jul 9, 2008
Leorex said:
bue519 said:
Gormourn said:

We'll see.
i find im torn, i have faith in tim schafer, yet lack faith in the content.
Same here man. I don't really give a damn about his game (I don't "get" metal culture) beyond the fact it's Shaffer making it. Although I might buy it just so the man can continue making games.

Derpus von Herpus

Nov 14, 2008
I am so retardedly excited for this game. Not only am I a huge fan of every single voice actor there is (I love you Dio), I am also a huge fan of mountains of amplifiers, guitar solos so badass that people die when they are played, motorcycles and violence.

Also, Tim Schafer made Full Throttle, which is the best adventure game of all time in my opinion.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself
No, not Satan, silly! Brütal Legend creator Tim Schafer has announced that the upcoming Xbox 360 and PS3 game will feature the voice and likeness of Black Sabbath vocalist Ozzy Osbourne as "The Guardian of Metal."
How did you know I was thinking of Satan?! <3 Can't wait! :D:D

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
I may buy 4 copies. This game could not BE more metal. I love Metal.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
bue519 said:
Well, I'm sorry I just feel bad that lately his games have been getting shit sales figures. I find it very depressing, and I don't want to see a great developer go under.
No need to apologize. Sorry if I sounded antagonistic. It was intended to be a hostile remark. I just really wish that people would stop asking for sequels to games that don't really need them. For sake of example: "When is Shadow of the Colossus 2 coming out?"
...Also, Grim Fandango 2? Come on, why the fuck would people want that?

Julius M

Apr 16, 2009
Therumancer said:
As I mentioned in another thread, while this game is being promoted it seems to have jumped producers, winding up in limbo for a while waiting to be picked up. I'm not sure if that is a good sign given that most producers are looking for a return on their money, and excuses aside anything they wind up dropping is something that they don't think they will see returns on.
Yeah but they're not always right. The thing is that most producers thought it was too metal and that gamers don't like metal.

Which is silly for two reasons:
1.) A lot of gamers love metal, seriously, a lot. I mean, look at the sales of Rockband and Guitar hero.
2.) I don't like metal that much and I would still buy this game because it will be just lots of fun. The metal in this game just sounds like it fits, unlike those silly wow-pvp clips on youtube.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I don't even like Metal but I'm getting this game, especially as the main character looks like a young Meatloaf.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
At this point Ozzy is as metal as a pair of underware. If they wanted to make the game metal they needed to put some death metal vocalists in there like Chris Barnes or George Fisher then it would be metal.