Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

No, not Satan, silly! Brütal Legend creator Tim Schafer has announced that the upcoming Xbox 360 and PS3 game will feature the voice and likeness of Black Sabbath vocalist Ozzy Osbourne as "The Guardian of Metal."

If you thought Brütal Legend couldn't get any more metal at this point, you were sorely mistaken. At EA's E3 press conference, Double Fine studio head and Brütal Legend creator Tim Schafer announced that Osbourne would join a cast that includes metal greats like Rob Halford (of Judas Priest), Lemmy Kilmeister (of Motörhead) and Lita Ford.

Schafer also divulged his true motivation for creating Brütal Legend: to meet everyone on his 14-year-old self's checklist of personal heroes (and in Lita Ford's case, masturbatory fantasies).

We'll have some screenshots of Mr. Osbourne's in-game persona shortly, but in the meantime, enjoy this depiction of protagonist Eddie Riggs summoning a bolt of lightning with his demonic guitar, Clementine.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
As awesome as this game looks, I doubt it will have anything going for it in the gameplay department.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
TaborMallory said:
As awesome as this game looks, I doubt it will have anything going for it in the gameplay department.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Gormourn said:
Heh, I just saw that in E3 coverage.

Neat. I doubt I'll play the game though.

We'll see.
But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
harhol said:
TaborMallory said:
This. Everyone will be like "Brutal Legend omg automatic G.O.T.Y. doodz" and then come release day the silence will be deafening.
It will cause everybody is going to be playing the game.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Gormourn said:
bue519 said:
Gormourn said:
Heh, I just saw that in E3 coverage.

Neat. I doubt I'll play the game though.

We'll see.
But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.
Mine the reason theres no Psychonauts 2?

Don't see how.
Mine? What?
I was just saying that because Psychonauts was made by Schafer, and as such he is one of my more favored developers.

Ernstige Jan

Jun 1, 2009
I'm not doubting this game will have awesome gameplay, I just think it'll be overlooked by 90% of the gaming community.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Haha, the Brummies of the world represented by none other than the greatest of us all :D Looking forward to this now... :)

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
When I read this, I screamed like a little girl in joy, but managed to convert it to a Manly Metal Laugh of Ultimate Metality!