Brace Your Eyeballs For the Gunnar Optiks MW3 Gaming Eyewear

MartialArc

Aug 25, 2010
Kefo said:
MartialArc said:
Sunglasses are a fashion item, go drop by your local sunglass hut and quickly cease being shocked over 100 dollar glasses. My prescription Ray-Bans were like $500 bucks......and IIRC 300ish of that was just the frames, so non prescription ones would be in the 300 dollar range. Eyewear is retard-expensive.

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunstore?promotion_id=100&cm_mmc=google-semsearch-_-brand-trademark-_-ray-ban-_-[ray%20ban]

Look at those prices!
You can get decent sunglasses for under 50 bucks if you have some patience and do a little research before hand(assuming they arent prescription of course). If you want brand name glasses then yes, be prepared to drop a stupid amount of money.
Its a luxury item, people buy the expensive ones because they are the expensive ones. I guess if you hang on to a set of 100 dollar eyewear for a year or two and wear them frequently it was probably worth it anyway. In any case, 100 bucks isn't the optimal price, but its far from a shocking one.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
In before the Modern Warfare Easybake Oven.

"In combat, you can't use a regular oven or microwave, they put out too much heat, and make you easy to spot. With the Modern Warfare 3 Easybake Oven (C)Activision 2011, you get all the cooking power of a regular over, but stealthed!"

Uhg.

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
you know i saw this and think to my self, damn this will be included in one of the limited edition COD:MW3, there stock went up 4 points in my book

then i read the article, and it went down 10 points

does Activation like to be hated or is there marketing department that inept

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
*Makes glasses that should really help gaming*
*Make it worth 2 Modern warefare 3s"

God I hate these people.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
MartialArc said:
Sunglasses are a fashion item, go drop by your local sunglass hut and quickly cease being shocked over 100 dollar glasses. My prescription Ray-Bans were like $500 bucks......and IIRC 300ish of that was just the frames, so non prescription ones would be in the 300 dollar range. Eyewear is retard-expensive.

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunstore?promotion_id=100&cm_mmc=google-semsearch-_-brand-trademark-_-ray-ban-_-[ray%20ban]

Look at those prices!
In Russia you can buy Glass lens sun glasses for around 7-10$ its only over here where glass lens are 50+ i have no idea why, Unless you count the plastic lenses.

Again brand names are created for those who are desperate to show they are above others at all costs

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
what they fail to understand is the pain from prolonged use of eye glasses and good headphones ... this will create a similarly painful experience and is thus foolish.

plus you will instantly be deemed a douche for wearing them.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Mark D. Stroyer said:
Um...no love for Deus Ex? I mean, really? This look downright nerdy in comparison to those awesome specs.
I want the Deus Specs too.

Although I think installation would be a tad painful, so I'll stick with the ones for Team Fortress 2...

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
This seems idiotic, but for some reason I can only think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8&ob=av3e

I suppose if they were boasting 3D for MW3 and these things could be used I could see it, especially if the things worked with regular 3D TVs and whatnot. At least then you can say you're buying it for something other than the fact that it's Modern Warfare-related. Still...gamers have paid more for stupider and stranger things. Not to mention a large part of the mostly non-gamer demographic will likely buy this game. You know, the ones who also find it acceptable to go out and drop say a hundred bucks on a pair of shoes or on a shirt or outfit or something equally kinda silly. It takes all kinds. I'd be willing to bet this thing sells, absurd as it may be.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
"look badass"

... riiight. Not look like a giant CoD nerd at all, nooo.

EDIT: For a comparison, it's about $30 to get the same tint added to prescription glasses. And regular glasses look worlds better too.

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Vie said:
In before the Modern Warfare Easybake Oven.

"In combat, you can't use a regular oven or microwave, they put out too much heat, and make you easy to spot. With the Modern Warfare 3 Easybake Oven (C)Activision 2011, you get all the cooking power of a regular over, but stealthed!"

Uhg.
Batteries not included.

Can only be used with Modern Warfare floral oven mitts.

Crops

Probably more bored than you
Aug 16, 2009
Gunnar's Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear promises to reduce glare, improve focus, sharpen details and minimize eye fatigue with lenses coated with a specially-formulated amber tint that "shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution."
"Here's an idea, instead of throwing some spectrum/contrast sliders in the options menu like we used to, let's just sell some glasses to make the game look the way it's supposed to."

*Insert evil laugh*

What's next? making the 'fire primary weapon' button a Collector's Edition exclusive?

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Battlefield 3 - New engine, 7 years in the making, all out warfare.
MW3 - Some glasses

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Your eyes hurt when you play too long for a reason; it's not healthy to stare at a screen for a long time, and your body is telling you to get off. Buying something to block out the reaction is completely unsafe and I hope that no one buys this piece of crap.