Brace Your Eyeballs For the Gunnar Optiks MW3 Gaming Eyewear

MartialArc

Aug 25, 2010
ionveau said:
MartialArc said:
Sunglasses are a fashion item, go drop by your local sunglass hut and quickly cease being shocked over 100 dollar glasses. My prescription Ray-Bans were like $500 bucks......and IIRC 300ish of that was just the frames, so non prescription ones would be in the 300 dollar range. Eyewear is retard-expensive.

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunstore?promotion_id=100&cm_mmc=google-semsearch-_-brand-trademark-_-ray-ban-_-[ray%20ban]

Look at those prices!
In Russia you can buy Glass lens sun glasses for around 7-10$ its only over here where glass lens are 50+ i have no idea why, Unless you count the plastic lenses.

Again brand names are created for those who are desperate to show they are above others at all costs
Eh, if you don't like them don't buy them. Someone wearing a $1000 pair of sunglasses would seem a bit desperate to me, but raging at someone for $100 pair just makes you sound bitter. Calling everyone that wears brand names desperate is pretty hypocritical too, you're implying that they're wrong for looking down on folks for wearing different clothes or w/e, then say you look down on them for being desperate.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I got a great pair of prescription sunglasses recently for about £70, so I suppose £100 isn't that unreasonable for a good quality branded pair. But I don't think these will be that good as sunglasses for use outside; they're designed to reduce glare from an LCD computer screen, not sunrays, and probably don't have any UV protection (Although there was no link to the sellers website so I can't know for certain.) If you are willing to spend £100 on a pair of sunglasses then it would be a much smarter thing to look for one with functionality, not brand recognition.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I'm just going ot quote myself here from the thread about this thread:

emeraldrafael said:
Not really seeing how this is anymore shameless then iother gaming merchanise (phone covers, iPod skins, the Halo 3 box with the spartan helmet you couldnt even wear, the catherine box [though I will admit, you could acutally use a lot of the stuff in the Catherine box, as long as you had enough confidence and didnt mind people staring when they saw your pillow cover], hte deus ex clothing line, etc.).

If fans wnat to spend money on this stuff, tahts all fine and good. It will even get the promotion from big gaming names in the gaming circuit, where you'll see champions wearing them. And you know battlefield would do the same, if they thought they could get away with it.

So yearh, I dont see the problem. Honestly, they look like they could be cool shades, but I wear transition glasses already, and I still wouldnt pay the 99 dollars for Shades.
Yep, basically that. Though its funny that its just as shameless as the deus ex clothing line and yet people are slobbering over those.

but then again, I wasnt caught up in the Deus Ex fandom, so Im on the outside looking in with some disdain on that.

Hunh... my captcha was almost the name of someone I know.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Are these things sunglasses also or are they just indoor cheating glasses...err, I mean, vision enhancers for playing the game?

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Seriously Call of Duty, go fuck yourself. Hey! Let's take normal products, call them Modern Warfare Edition, raise the price 50-75%! Again, go fuck yourself.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Seems like a smart idea to me. The Call of Duty crowd is exactly the kind of people you should market something like this towards.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Emm.. I think my regular glasses would get in the way, the ones that actually improve my eyesight..

Kefo

May 19, 2010
SgtFoley said:
Kefo said:
MartialArc said:
You can get decent sunglasses for under 50 bucks if you have some patience and do a little research before hand(assuming they arent prescription of course). If you want brand name glasses then yes, be prepared to drop a stupid amount of money.
Your $50 sunglasses are $50 because they are cheap pieces of crap that will break after 2-3 months. Paying $100 or more for a good quality pair of shades that will last you years is definatly worth it.

Sadly these MW3 ones look ugly as fuck and probably wouldnt actually be very good for outdoor use.
They have lasted me over a year so far actually since I actually take care of what I own. The sooner you get over the idea that expensive = better quality, the sooner you stop wasting money on overpriced crap.