Breaking Bad's Mike Ehrmantraut Returns for Better Call Saul

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Breaking Bad's Mike Ehrmantraut Returns for Better Call Saul

Jonathan Banks is bringing Mike back from Belize for the upcoming season of Better Call Saul.

Almost immediately after AMC's announcement <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127726-Breaking-Bad-Spinoff-Series-Greenlit-by-AMC>that Breaking Bad would get a prequel about criminal lawyer Saul Goodman, fans began wondering which other characters could return for the new series. Gus Fring and Huell Babineaux would certainly be interesting, but an obvious choice is Mike Ehrmantraut, the private investigator and hit man who quickly became one of Breaking Bad's most iconic personalities. Thankfully, the show's creators agree, and have confirmed that actor Jonathan Banks will reprise his role for Better Call Saul's upcoming season.

Mike was introduced as a cleaner and private investigator in Breaking Bad's second season, where he quickly became a fan-favorite character. Mike proved to be as complex a character as Walt or Jesse, coldly dispatching targets with ruthless efficiency, while showing a softer side when in the presence of his granddaughter. Mike's trajectory from former Philadelphia police officer to hit man will probably be a major theme in Better Call Saul, as he and Saul Goodman begin their relationship with New Mexico's criminal elements.

So far, Banks and Odenkirk are the only actors confirmed for Better Call Saul, but that's certainly be enough to get Breaking Bad fans excited for what's to come. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131241-Breaking-Bad-Spinoff-Better-Call-Saul-Gets-Premiere-Date>The premiere is expected to air in November 2014, so additional casting reveals are sure to follow.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
They're bringing back Mike...freaking Mike...one of the biggest badasses on the show.

<youtube=W_B3dvFMyDE>

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
That's what I figured. After all, Saul did introduce Heisenberg to Gus. That would indicate a past.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
Lightknight said:
That's what I figured. After all, Saul did introduce Heisenberg to Gus. That would indicate a past.
Actually, if I remember rightly, Saul knew a guy who knows a guy, instead of knowing Gus directly.

Chances are it was through Mike that Saul setup the meeting between Walt and Gus.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
frobalt said:
Lightknight said:
Actually, if I remember rightly, Saul knew a guy who knows a guy, instead of knowing Gus directly.

Chances are it was through Mike that Saul setup the meeting between Walt and Gus.
That works just as good for me. Mike is absolutely one of my favorite characters.