Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Billing thread

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So the verdict was made before it even happened and the state sponsered terrorists can keep murdering who the fuck they want when they want cause 'justicfication' is being blue. Cool. Sounds like outright fascism, but whatevs. As long as the precious snow whities aren't touched i guess. Can't imagine how people over there are coping emotionally, but this is growing ever more ridiculous and so far beyond obvious that those left defending it are looking more and more desperately indoctrinated every time. I spent all of 1 minute browsing twitter before getting the fuck out, the crusaders are still managing to feed with their heads firmly buried in ground.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
So apparently there was no "no knock warrant" situation, the cops were knocking but they didn't answer the door and when they eventually broke down the door the guy shot the cop in the leg first and then the cops started shooting.
They were wearing plain clothes, apparently. If I was a black person in Kentucky and some white guys turned up in my house unannounced, I would also be inclined to think that they had come to kill me. Even if you ruled that the shooting of the occupants was justified because they shot first, the entering of the house in plainclothes without announcing themselves should be enough to get them slapped with some kind of charge of negligence.

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They were wearing plain clothes, apparently. Alabama has the sixth highest homicide rate in the US. If I was a black person in Alabama and some white guys turned up in my house unannounced, I would also be inclined to think that they had come to kill me. Even if you ruled that the shooting of the occupants was justified because they shot first, the entering of the house in plainclothes without announcing themselves should be enough to get them slapped with some kind of charge of negligence.
Louisville is in Kentucky, which I think is where all this happened??? Like, they’re Louisville cops and that’s where the trial was so I presume they didn’t cross several state lines to kill someone in Alabama.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Louisville is in Kentucky, which I think is where all this happened??? Like, they’re Louisville cops and that’s where the trial was so I presume they didn’t cross several state lines to kill someone in Alabama.
Whoops, assumed it was Alabama because the Grand Jury was in Jefferson. Kentucky's murder rate isn't as high as Alabama, but is still above the US average.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Also, on that point, if the guy's first thought of who it might be knocking is the guy the warrant was actually for, all that noise about the warrant being served in the wrong place I think is at the very least suspect, or at least Taylor's actions indicate as much. I don't think it's a stretch to have someone casing the joint and see some random black dude enter the house at night and assume it was the drug dealer and not the new BF.
It says a lot that you think that's not a stretch.

Regardless, it's not the reason for the raid. The ex-boyfriend in this case lived several miles away. However, he had received mail at Taylor's address in the past, and apparently that's all it takes.

It doesn't seem like anyone did any actual field investigation in this case, because I think we've already established that intelligence gathering is not something US cops actually do.

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States
Assuming (and at this point this is a huge assumption) that the bit about them being in civilian clothing at the time of the raid being true, I can see why he'd think some random criminals were breaking into his door, since from what I heard he was apparently fearful his GF's drug-dealing-ex (the one the warrant was apparently about) was the one knocking/breaking his door.

Also, on that point, if the guy's first thought of who it might be knocking is the guy the warrant was actually for, all that noise about the warrant being served in the wrong place I think is at the very least suspect, or at least Taylor's actions indicate as much. I don't think it's a stretch to have someone casing the joint and see some random black dude enter the house at night and assume it was the drug dealer and not the new BF.
There's photographic evidence from multiple sources that the officers in question were not in uniform, and instead were in plain clothes with "Police" vests (with body cams, which the department said on the record were NOT present during the raid).

I can understand how, on the surface, this case seems pretty straightforward: police have a legit warrant that gets revised from a no-knock raid, they execute it and announce themselves as police, a resident responds by firing at the police, and they return fire.

But there are a lot of things that don't make sense. Why did Kenneth Walker, Taylor's boyfriend, fire at someone who had (allegedly) clearly announced themselves as police? How did Walker have enough time to get up, arm himself and then move to the hallway to fire at the officer breaking down the front door? He heard the knocking but...not the officers announcing they were police? Also, Walker said Taylor was awake at that point and in the hallway (not shot in bed as social media would have us believe) -- so BOTH residents heard the knocking and responded but somehow missed the officers announcing themselves as police? Does that seem likely?

And Walker wasn't on drugs or intoxicated. He was legally armed. There was no contraband in the apartment, no drugs, nothing to hide. So what's the argument? A single neighbor heard "Police!" but Walker, and no one else in the vicinity, did? Walker just recklessly fired at someone even though he and Taylor both heard them announce themselves as police?

Okay, maybe it's possible.... But then consider other factors. Why were the officers raiding the house at night when they had alread located the primary suspect in the investigation, Taylor's ex-boyfriend, at a another location that was about to be raided (and depending on what you believe, Louisville PD had already arrested him)? Why did the police drop the charges against Walker for shooting the officer? Why did Walker, on a 911 call after the shooting, tell emergency services that someone broke into his house and shot his girlfriend if he knew it was the police? Why did the officers send away the ambulance that was on standy for the raid before the entered the house? Why did they call the ambulance back after the raid to administer first-aid to the officer that was shot, but Taylor didn't receive medical treatment for another 20 minutes? Why does the official police log of the incident contain multiple errors? Why did the Louisville PD Chief say none of the officers were wearing body cams when photograph evidence contradicts that statement? And why, when the Louisville Courier-Journal made a FIO request to the department for any body camera footage of the incident, the department responded by saying such records "make up intelligence and investigative reports being utilized in the criminal investigation" of the incident, and NOT that no such footage exists?

Again, there may be reasonable explanations for ALL of these questions. But given the speed with which the city settled the wrongful death lawsuit, and the fact that no grand jury investigation examined the events in regard to Taylor and Walker, and the department and AG have declined to share much information about the investigation...I don't think it's very likely.

Reactions: Terminal Blue

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
It doesn't seem like anyone did any actual field investigation in this case, because I think we've already established that intelligence gathering is not something US cops actually do.
There's no need for intelligence gathering. They're not soldiers with laws and regulations for combat, they're the Sons of John McClane. Why bother knowing who lives where and since when? This case proves a cop can just kick in the door and start blasting and the worst that happens if some made-up charges about how many times they missed, that'll be pleaded to time-served community service.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
There's photographic evidence from multiple sources that the officers in question were not in uniform, and instead were in plain clothes with "Police" vests (with body cams, which the department said on the record were NOT present during the raid).

But there are a lot of things that don't make sense. Why did Kenneth Walker, Taylor's boyfriend, fire at someone who had (allegedly) clearly announced themselves as police? How did Walker have enough time to get up, arm himself and then move to the hallway to fire at the officer breaking down the front door? He heard the knocking but...not the officers announcing they were police? Also, Walker said Taylor was awake at that point and in the hallway (not shot in bed as social media would have us believe) -- so BOTH residents heard the knocking and responded but somehow missed the officers announcing themselves as police? Does that seem likely?

And Walker wasn't on drugs or intoxicated. He was legally armed. There was no contraband in the apartment, no drugs, nothing to hide. So what's the argument? A single neighbor heard "Police!" but Walker, and no one else in the vicinity, did? Walker just recklessly fired at someone even though he and Taylor both heard them announce themselves as police?

Okay, maybe it's possible.... But then consider other factors. Why were the officers raiding the house at night when they had alread located the primary suspect in the investigation, Taylor's ex-boyfriend, at a another location that was about to be raided (and depending on what you believe, Louisville PD had already arrested him)? Why did the police drop the charges against Walker for shooting the officer? Why did Walker, on a 911 call after the shooting, tell emergency services that someone broke into his house and shot his girlfriend if he knew it was the police? Why did the officers send away the ambulance that was on standy for the raid before the entered the house? Why did they call the ambulance back after the raid to administer first-aid to the officer that was shot, but Taylor didn't receive medical treatment for another 20 minutes? Why does the official police log of the incident contain multiple errors? Why did the Louisville PD Chief say none of the officers were wearing body cams when photograph evidence contradicts that statement? And why, when the Louisville Courier-Journal made a FIO request to the department for any body camera footage of the incident, the department responded by saying such records "make up intelligence and investigative reports being utilized in the criminal investigation" of the incident, and NOT that no such footage exists?

Again, there may be reasonable explanations for ALL of these questions. But given the speed with which the city settled the wrongful death lawsuit, and the fact that no grand jury investigation examined the events in regard to Taylor and Walker, and the department and AG have declined to share much information about the investigation...I don't think it's very likely.

He said they were watching a movie, is it possible the movie was so loud it blocked the sound of the cops knocking/announcing themselves?

As for the 911 call, you can have a situation where the guy shoots, the cop gets shot, gets pulled out of the home by the other cops and all 3 of em are now outside, then the guy who shot him without really getting a good look moves away from a place which has visibility with the entrance in fear for his life because he just shot someone and there's others with him, then the cops start shooting everywhere like maniacs, during which time the girlfriend is shot through the walls and the guy calls 911. During this point in time, the cops are still not visible cause he's calling the cops from within the location he went to hide while the cops are shooting from outside of the house, through the walls. He never had a chance to see them.

Also, I'm sorry but that's kinda deceptive to call "plainsclothed" if they have a flak jacket with "police" written on in. Plains-clothes is what you call when a cop is wearing civilian clothing that would cause them to blend in with the population and act under the guise of being a regular person. Nobody will mistake someone with a police flak jacket as a regular person. Even if they have normal clothes underneath it.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Also, I'm sorry but that's kinda deceptive to call "plainsclothed" if they have a flak jacket with "police" written on in. Plains-clothes is what you call when a cop is wearing civilian clothing that would cause them to blend in with the population and act under the guise of being a regular person. Nobody will mistake someone with a police flak jacket as a regular person. Even if they have normal clothes underneath it.
To be fair:

If all you need is a badge and a vest on top of a tshirt and jeans to fool people into thinking its a plain clothed police action, its not that expensive. And in the heat of the moment who is looking at the exact type of vest, or the exact type of badge you have? Especially in today's day and age where cops are hiding their badges to keep you from identifying them.
And you better believe drug dealers would dress up as cops to storm someone's home under the guise of a legit action.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
He said they were watching a movie, is it possible the movie was so loud it blocked the sound of the cops knocking/announcing themselves?
It's a two bedroom apartment. So no, that seems unlikely.

I'd suggest reading through Exley's post. Because while it's hypothetically possible that the police did announce themselves, it would not explain their subsequent behaviour. Again, the police have already been caught in multiple lies and procedural abnormalities regarding this case. The decision by the courts to dismiss all charges against Walker suggests that even the criminal justice system itself doesn't regard the police account of the incident as trustworthy.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
To be fair:

If all you need is a badge and a vest on top of a tshirt and jeans to fool people into thinking its a plain clothed police action, its not that expensive. And in the heat of the moment who is looking at the exact type of vest, or the exact type of badge you have? Especially in today's day and age where cops are hiding their badges to keep you from identifying them.
And you better believe drug dealers would dress up as cops to storm someone's home under the guise of a legit action.
You won’t fool anyone if you don’t also throw in a casual disregard for human lives.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You guys just need to try harder, and then maybe someday you can reach the lofty heights of 'Bama
I'm guessing that they don't mean they are excelling at being better than Alabama. OTOH, they are one murder away from having a murder rate less than Alabama, technically.

EDIT: Too slow.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Not sure if you're intentionally getting the quote wrong, or genuinely in error. Good thing I don't give a shit about US football, as some people around here might try and take your head.

But, in case you are genuinely misquoting. It's Roll Tide (which is the sort of battle chant you scream during the game, or by way of greeting/farewell to others) and the Crimson Tide, which is the....description of the team I guess? Not sure what you would call that honestly. Like the team Auburn are commonly called the War Eagles (also a war chant/greeting/farewell), and others like the "Fighting Bulldogs", which aren't the name of the actual team, but just a descriptor for them.

Oddly enough, the mascot elephant isn't actually utilized in any of the terms associated with the team....just realized that. Like, nobody calls them the Alabama Elephants or Pachyderms, or anything like that. Just...Crimson Tide.

US football is very strange and disturbing, especially in the south where it's all about college ball. It's a fucking secondary religion for a lot of these jackasses, right behind hating anyone not of their group.