Broforce is the Bulging Left Bicep of Indie Gaming

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Broforce is the Bulging Left Bicep of Indie Gaming

The only thing that makes me happier than a satirical video game is a satirical video game that plays like it means business.

Read Full Article

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
President Bagel said:
I tried really hard to enjoy this game, but the persistent screen shaking completely ruined it for me. Even though it's been a highly requested feature to be able to turn it off, the developers have stated that they'll never give people the option. If I could just turn the screen shaking off, the game would be fine, but as it stands, the game irritates me.
You actually can turn off the screen shaking in the main options menu. It going back up to 100% when you move away is just a joke, it keeps the lowest value you set it to. That said, the scale is sensitive, and it's easy to go from 100 to 500 going backwards and not see the 0/25/50/75 options.
I don't know when they added it in, but it was definitely before the official release (maybe the William Wallace update).

I've really enjoyed Broforce, and is fantastic to set up with a buddy to play co-op. I only wish the competitive multiplayer was online as well, because it just kind of faded out of my gaming rotation once I beat the campaign. It's a problem Towerfall had too - a great game and fun to play against friends, but a lack of competitive online makes it a quick (but fun) burn. There's no real reason to go back through the levels once you get all the bros.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
Love this game, got it the week of Fallout4 and so far only play an hour of that and the rest of my gaming time on BroForce - awesome (though I must disagree with the reviewers choice of song, "America!" from Team America (same artist ; ) ) is a far more appropriate backing track = p )

John Markley

Jun 29, 2015
I've only played the free spinoff The Expendabros so far, because I'm incredibly cheap, but I really loved it.

Also, there's not nearly enough people out there making "Now You're a Man" references, so kudos.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
So, after jonesing for a side scroller after Super Time Force, this is the one?

Just let me fire up Steam Bro...

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I don't normally like low res indie side scrollers, but I got this a few days ago and it is a real treat. My only wish is for there to be even more Bros. Bro Lee? El Broiachi? Dirty Harry Brohoun? Broddick? All of em.