Bruce Willis Signs Up For Kane & Lynch Movie

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bruce Willis Signs Up For Kane & Lynch Movie

Kane & Lynch [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000246/] movie, but who will be his partner in crime?

Bruce Willis is a cool guy. He's been beating the crap out of people on the big screen for more than 20 years and yet somehow, even with his 50th birthday long behind him, we still take him seriously. He even looks the same; if some Hollywood genius decided to remake Die Hard [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/], the obvious choice for Bruce Willis' role would be Bruce Willis.

But before he wastes any more Eurotrash mercs, he's going to take a crack at the videogame film genre by way of Kane & Lynch, based on the Hitman [http://www.kaneandlynch.com/], Kane & Lynch has had "two and a half years of false starts" but will begin filming in March 2010.

The film is being directed by GameDaily [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186426/].

"The script has been incredibly well-received around town," he continued. "After Bruce Willis read it, he called it one of the best action scripts he's ever read, and Bruce is an expert in terms of action scripts because he's read everything over the last 20 years."

Willis will star as Kane, of course, while Lynch - the psycho half of the team - has yet to be cast. I've never played the game myself so I'm not exactly an authority on the matter, but from a purely physical perspective I can't think of anyone better suited for the job than Aliens [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001045/], I'm open to pretty much anything.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Can you imagine Mel Gibson playing Kane?

[edit] To clarify: Two of the more famous action stars starring in one movie. Gibson, who already played a fairly distraught individual in the original Lethal Weapon, would be pretty good if he were younger and not so crazy in real life. Just an idea. But I didn't actually play Kane & Lynch so I'm completely sure what kind of crazy we're looking for, or really anything pertaining to the character.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Willis doesn't suprise me, what does suprise me is the fact that K&L is being made into a movie and is credited as "best action" from Willis. Somebody's going off the deep end.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
He is getting on in years but he has aged really quite well I must say. Either that or makeup artists are absolute geniuses. Both are possibilities. To say I'm excited about a Kane and Lynch movie would be a lie. It might be good, it might be bad, but I doubt it'll be "all that."

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
It's gonna be weird if they include the bank robbery from the game in the film, because the robbery in the game was already a pretty obvious rippoff (or homage) to the film Heat.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Quite surprised that this is being made into a film, but it sounds like it has potential, and with Bruce Willis on board it will probably get some serious attention.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Bruce Willis is great and all, but isn't he like 54? I just hope that he's able to do some of the action scenes. Since he's in it though maybe the movie won't be terrible. :]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Poor Bruce, he has to make due with what he can get on his old age.

I still liked him the most in Death Becomes Her as the dorky middle-aged surgeon/undertaker Ernest Menville.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Did anyone else think the game was already based off of a B-Movie when it was announced? Not one I'd ever heard of but still. Don't know why that was.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
If anyone could do it right, it's him, but even still I don't think this'll do very well.

Maxriese

Jun 3, 2009
"Willis will star as Lynch, of course, while Kane - the psycho half of the team - has yet to be cast."

I played this game last week (And enjoyed the hell out of it), but isn't Lynch the crazy guy? I thought Bruce would be Kane. Maybe that's just a little accidental slip..

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
taken with a grain of salt but...
hey they seem to be trying?
I mean it's been reported the Halo movie is still in planning because for quality control
and hey if people are actually trying to make good video game movie adaptions now then well...
wait, nothing we haven't heard before
let's just wait for the films to come out first lol

hansari

May 31, 2009
Malygris said:
Willis will star as Lynch, of course, while Kane - the psycho half of the team - has yet to be cast.
Other way around.

Unless Bruce Willis is to play psycho Lynch...

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I don't understand why this is a movie. Why not just make a new IP? The game was pretty crappy, so it's not like the brand name "Kane & Lynch" is going to guarantee that everybody who's played the game will watch it.

One the other hand, Bruce Willis might.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
One good thing about Kane and Lynch is that it ultimately spawned a good game review site.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I actually think that this movie may be good. I did enjoy Kane and Lynch and I will proably enjoy the movie.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Maxriese said:
I played this game last week (And enjoyed the hell out of it), but isn't Lynch the crazy guy? I thought Bruce would be Kane. Maybe that's just a little accidental slip..
Yeah, I got it backwards. Not sure what I was thinking there, but thanks for the heads-up.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
ae86gamer said:
Bruce Willis is great and all, but isn't he like 54? I just hope that he's able to do some of the action scenes. Since he's in it though maybe the movie won't be terrible. :]
That didn't stop die hard 4. (which was pretty awesome for a supersequel)