Build A Programmable Piano in Minecraft

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Build A Programmable Piano in Minecraft

Crafter FVDisco's autopiano is massive, complicated, and really very charming.

Since its release last year, Minecraft has sold over mobile platforms [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110992-2-5-Million-Miners-Buy-Minecraft]. If you're ever tempted to ask yourself why or how a game that consists solely of moving boxes around became such a phenomenon, this video presents at least part of the answer: You can make just about anything in Minecraft.

Case in point: FVDisco's shiny new autopiano, seen here playing J.S. Bach's Air on A G-String. This impressive structure uses crafted versions of standard "piano rolls" (as used in real-world autopianos) to create simple melodies across a full piano keyboard. The result is in turns charming, impressive and, well, really cool.

For more insanely complicated and sweet creations from FVDisco (including a music sequencer and a slot machine), check out their Facebook page [http://www.youtube.com/user/FVDisco].

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Of all the things people make in Minecraft, we could have had, like, eight different kinds of cures for cancer; two of which bringing about the apocalypse.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Holy shit, even though I don't care much for Minecraft, I have to admit this is awesome. You know what would be cool with this? If someone programmed it to play this song...

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Minecraft: No matter what you build, there will always be someone better at it than you. :(

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I wonder how long it will take for someone to program Conway's Game of Life in Minecraft and have it become conscious and take over the Internet.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
kebab4you said:
...My fancy hidden door way doesn't seem fancy after watching this video ):
I know the feeling! I didn't even get that far, I just got as far as a bridge that pops out of the side of the wall and retracts after 5 seconds.