Bulgarian City Councilor Fired Over FarmVille

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
It's bad enough that one councilor was addicted enough to play during debates, but most of them do it? That doesn't say much for Plovdiv. Anybody who can't perform their job without their hobbies getting in the way should be fired.

And on that note, I'm going to stop replying to forums and get back to work.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
sunpop said:
dududf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
dududf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It's not even that addictive...Shit. Give them Harvest Moon.

It's better by miles. And has depth.

Harvest Moon would DESTROY the government!
Viva le Revolucion?
OMELET DU FROMAGE!

Quick! You get the the Game boy colours, and I'll get the Harvest moon!
Like hell I'm giving up my old harvest moon and gbc to some fat cats!
BUT IT'S FOR THE REVOLUCION! Do it for your country, your fellow man, for your Honour.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I actually read that in the real life Bulgarian newspaper, and wondered if it would end up on the escapist as well =D

Jownz

Mar 23, 2010
How exactly did this happen?
commitee: Councilman? We are waiting on your vote.
Councilor: Hold on let me finish planting my crops.
I mean Come on! Lol This made me laugh

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
As someone posting in this forum while at work, I deplore the playing of farmville while at work!

SirAxel

Aug 21, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
Darth Caelum said:
Damn......playing in the middle of a session (from how i understand it)! Damn it must be boring in there.
It really doesn't say much for Bulgarian city government to be sure...
"Bulgarian city government" is nothing close to a city government.Trust me on this one , the coruption here is beyond godlike.From all the stealing to the never ending promises it's just absurd ... I just can't understand how a country with such nature can fail so bad.

Hopefully everything is gonna change in the next 1-2 years ,atleast that's what they say and in what we hope.But haven't we hoped for all the bullshit to end in 1-2 years for over 10 years now?Well let's hope that it's something more then an empty promise this time.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Joe Deadman said:
addeB said:
Good for Bulgaria, I wouldn't want any one who has influence on how my country works playing farm ville during council meetings...
But how do you know their not?? Do you know what your government is up to??? Right now?!?!?!
Oh my god your right! This sound like a conspiracy... I'm going to tell every one, the newspapers, the television stations, the gas stations!

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
addeB said:
Good for Bulgaria, I wouldn't want any one who has influence on how my country works playing farm ville during council meetings...
I know for a fact that it is often played by United States Senators and Representatives.

Anyway, I'm not one to judge. I mean I'm in a lecture right now and I'm blogging on the Escapist.
Heh, here in Sweden that is not a problem. I'm sure half of our government is still trying to figure out how to connect a USB device ;)

SirAxel

Aug 21, 2009
addeB said:
Heh, here in Sweden that is not a problem. I'm sure half of our government is still trying to figure out how to connect a USB device ;)
Sir you have other problems in your country.

P.S I'm trying to be funny.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
SirAxel said:
addeB said:
Sir you have other problems in your country.

P.S I'm trying to be funny.
Haha :) I have heard that one before, but it ain't legal to have sex at the age of 14 here it's 15. ;)

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
i think i came off facebook around the time Failville started to become popular...whew...i feel like a zombieland or left foe dead survivor...all i need now is a shotgun...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
SirAxel said:
samsonguy920 said:
Darth Caelum said:
Damn......playing in the middle of a session (from how i understand it)! Damn it must be boring in there.
It really doesn't say much for Bulgarian city government to be sure...
"Bulgarian city government" is nothing close to a city government.Trust me on this one , the coruption here is beyond godlike.From all the stealing to the never ending promises it's just absurd ... I just can't understand how a country with such nature can fail so bad.

Hopefully everything is gonna change in the next 1-2 years ,atleast that's what they say and in what we hope.But haven't we hoped for all the bullshit to end in 1-2 years for over 10 years now?Well let's hope that it's something more then an empty promise this time.
One can hope. They can always use Farmville's payment scheme though to help.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
dududf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It's not even that addictive...Shit. Give them Harvest Moon.

It's better by miles. And has depth.

Harvest Moon would DESTROY the government!
Viva le Revolucion?
OMELET DU FROMAGE!
JE SUIS LA PAMPLEMOUSSE!

I don't understand what the big deal with Farmville is. Then again, I've never played it.

Coldsnap

Oct 24, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
My jaw is on the floor. These are adults we're talking about? A grown man should know better than to play a video game at a damn meeting. Are they texting and playing Gameboy under the desk too?
They're too busy passing notes and calling all the girls icky to play games. Some of them also managed to glue their hands to their desks and cut themselves with safety scissors.

Sheila Christian

Mar 26, 2010
I play Farmville regularly, but would never allow a game to interfer with work related matters. Granted there are times at work things are slow and boredom comes into play from time to time, but "work" is the keyword here. I'm not getting paid to sit on my rear and play games all day. I believe they should be fired, considering they are doing things they should not be doing while at work. I know for certain that when it comes to city matters I would hope the city council members would put the city as a priority first and foremost, not some "pass the time" game that was meant for use at home.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
See this is one of the reasons I stopped playing Farmville and the other Facebook games. I found myself on it more than I was doing anything else, even the friggin MMO I spend way too much time playing! When stupid little games like Farmville and Fishville can take up more than than an MMO that has more realtime interactions and even my own fiancee plays it.. I think it's time to put it aside.

It was effectively the only reason I logged into Facebook sometimes. I admit I haven't been on Facebook since I stopped playing the games mind you, and that's sad, I have lots of friends on it that I miss, but I'm afraid I'll start playing it again.