Bullet Storm, An overall ..meh

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
Sorry if im a tad high-speed and already beat the game ill try to keep it spoiler free. The game in general seems to fall so very short of the amount of trash talking it has been doing. Its "kill with skill" amounts to nothing more than a check list of "ok now i have to line this guy up like this .. and shoot that..". I found myself literally pausing the game mid combat to check the list to see what it was to do next on the laundry list of "skill shots". That and considering how much trash talk they did to modern-warfare im surprised how many scenes it nearly deliberately rips off from it. The games pace is literally nothing short of "shoot/stop and supply/highlighted puzzle/shoot and repeat".

Edit: Also another thing, the sheer amount of sexual term usage just gets a bit weird and unnecessary. There is one character in the game who just about every time he speaks a sentence it contains some form of unnecessary sexual joke/slur/ or sexual adjective. Its so excessive its just weird.

Im not sure its really spoilers if i say this so if your afraid look away...

The ending is SUCH trash. For the love of god do game designers know what the word closure is anymore? %#*&in squealitis.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I kind of expected that from Bulletstorm, that's why I never bought into the hype.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
*Sigh*

Between this and the statement by ARS-technica that DNF was "just not good", I'm really starting to lose hope in seeing some good, non-realistic shooters anymore.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I'm really not trying to troll here since this is an honest question from an outsider (aka, not a FPS player) but what can a FPS do that hasn't been done? Other than the guns, settings and enemy types aren't they pretty much the same no matter if it's a WWII or Sci-fi FPS? I mean really, what did you expect to be different this time? (That last question was a real question and not a "Duh, what'd you expect, dumbass" type statement. Sometimes that type of question is read wrong when typed. Like I said, not trolling just curious.)

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Pyrokinesis said:
Sorry if im a tad high-speed and already beat the game ill try to keep it spoiler free. The game in general seems to fall so very short of the amount of trash talking it has been doing. Its "kill with skill" amounts to nothing more than a check list of "ok now i have to line this guy up like this .. and shoot that..". I found myself literally pausing the game mid combat to check the list to see what it was to do next on the laundry list of "skill shots". That and considering how much trash talk they did to modern-warfare im surprised how many scenes it nearly deliberately rips off from it. The games pace is literally nothing short of "shoot/stop and supply/highlighted puzzle/shoot and repeat".

Edit: Also another thing, the sheer amount of sexual term usage just gets a bit weird and unnecessary. There is one character in the game who just about every time he speaks a sentence it contains some form of unnecessary sexual joke/slur/ or sexual adjective. Its so excessive its just weird.

Im not sure its really spoilers if i say this so if your afraid look away...

The ending is SUCH trash. For the love of god do game designers know what the word closure is anymore? %#*&in squealitis.
I haven't gotten to the ending yet, but I never even tried to look at the list and go one by one to complete all the shots... they're like achievements to me. I'd rather have fun with it than go through it like a to-do list.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh, still gonna play it. Feel like, and no offence intended, you were just playing it wrong. BTW do those points you get actually do anything? I heard you could use them to get new guns or some such thing, or are they just an "I'm awesome" score?

RSGstyle

Dec 16, 2010
The first line of your response really got me laughing, then you kind of lost it in the second part.

About the game, I didn't buy it since I only look for one of two things in a shooter; an in-depth look into a complex story (HL2), or simple competitiveness (CoD:MW and Halo 2)

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Xzi said:
Kalezian said:
OT: expecting Bulletstorm to be any good was like expecting the internet to NOT make a single cat image macro for an entire minute, it would never work. Its one of those games you play just to have fun and then move on. If you stay too long to get a good look at it, you will realize you just paid $60 for an arcade shooter.
And I think that's exactly what many of us were looking for in Bulletstorm. A shooter that we can just play for fun, and replay for the score. I don't think I'll ever get tired of explosions raining limbs down on me. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than stopping a group of terrorists from destroying the world for the twentieth time, or some bullshit like that. Give me a ton of bad guys, some awesome and over the top weapons, and the ability to kill using the environment, and I'm happy.
Agreed. I don't know how many times I've wrapped a Flail around an enemy, kicked him into something or someone, and watched him explode. It just never gets old for me. That, and the deliberate "rear entry" sniper shots. That gun rocks.

vault69

Feb 22, 2011
Xzi said:
Kalezian said:
OT: expecting Bulletstorm to be any good was like expecting the internet to NOT make a single cat image macro for an entire minute, it would never work. Its one of those games you play just to have fun and then move on. If you stay too long to get a good look at it, you will realize you just paid $60 for an arcade shooter.
And I think that's exactly what many of us were looking for in Bulletstorm. A shooter that we can just play for fun, and replay for the score. I don't think I'll ever get tired of explosions raining limbs down on me. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than stopping a group of terrorists from destroying the world for the twentieth time, or some bullshit like that. Give me a ton of bad guys, some awesome and over the top weapons, and the ability to kill using the environment, and I'm happy.
I'll suffice with duke nukem forever thank you

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
i had a fun time playing the game just because there was alot that we could do to have fun with the game.... i got a prerelease (legal) and had alot of fun playing then game when i jumped into it

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Called. It. So. Hard.

Ultratwinkie if you are reading this, i told you so.

Duke Nukem will be no different.

vault69

Feb 22, 2011
Xzi said:
vault69 said:
Xzi said:
Kalezian said:
I'll suffice with duke nukem forever thank you
Nothing wrong with playing both, as you can bet I'll be doing.
well have fun with that
I had to decide between pokemon or bulletstorm..... I chose the former