Bulletstorm PC Demo Now Available

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bulletstorm PC Demo Now Available

The Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Pc/dp/B003H0CBT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302034148&sr=8-3] PC demo is finally out on Steam and Games for Windows Live.

Not a whole lot to say about this one except that the demo for the PC version of Bulletstorm, which was teased and then yoinked away in January [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107894-Bulletstorm-Demo-Coming-to-PC-Eventually] but those of us in the mouse-and-keyboard demographic had to wait another full month just to find out whether we'd get a crack at it at all.

Bulletstorm launched 42 days ago, which I'm not sure really counts as the "shortly after" release that Epic Vice President Mark Rein promised on Twitter, but it's close enough. Better late than never and all that. The Bulletstorm demo is available now on Games for Windows Marketplace [http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/99810/]; what portions of the game it covers isn't made clear but it's probably a safe bet that bad language, boots to the junk and creative mayhem punctuated by copious amounts of blood will figure prominently.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
And it's got the same big black bar problem that F.E.A.R 2 has.
Fucking 16:9.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Shame. If it wasn't for Games for Windows Live tainting both the demo and game, I would be downloading it now.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
True. If I'm getting this, it'll be for console.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
A month and a half since the release of the game itself?

Ahem: fuck off, Epic.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
poiumty said:
teh_Canape said:
too late

I already raped half the town, next time try hurrying up, Epic
I lol'd.

I also lol'd at the news itself - I can't chalk this up to more than extreme ABSENCE OF GIVING A SHIT.

Making a demo too hard for you, guys? No, wait, it's the PC, therefore it requires extra preparation. Gotta make sure we adjust the elitism quota to 1.21 gigawatts.
true

especially ironic because of 2 major points

1- Epic was ALREADY a PC developer, that turned to consoles for whatever reasons

2- they ALREADY develop the games on a PC

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Kevlar Eater said:
Shame. If it wasn't for Games for Windows Live tainting both the demo and game, I would be downloading it now.
I'm usually not so strong opinionated, but DAMN. GFWL is staining games. Buy Warhammer 40K RTS games on Steam... and use GFWL. I mean, really?

I can see it already."Yo Dawg, I herd u liek...".

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Woodsey said:
A month and a half since the release of the game itself?

Ahem: fuck off, Epic.
QFT. I respect Epic for what they are doing for the mod community but actually making PC games? Not their strong side anymore. This mess is a worse porting disaster then Modern Warfare 2, which compared to Bulletstorm, is a masterpiece of PC gaming design.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Art Axiv said:
Kevlar Eater said:
I'm usually not so strong opinionated, but DAMN. GFWL is staining games. Buy Warhammer 40K RTS games on Steam... and use GFWL. I mean, really?

Yo Dawg, I herd u leik DRM, so we put DRM in your DRM so you can be pissed off with games while you are pissed off with games.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Numachuka said:
Art Axiv said:
Kevlar Eater said:

Yo Dawg, I herd u leik DRM, so we put DRM in your DRM so you can be pissed off with games while you are pissed off with games.

It had to be done...

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
About time. I actually had the demo on PS3 before my PS3 bought the farm. I played it for 10 minutes, and got stuck in the skybox.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Bulletstorm? Was that the one with all the swearing or the one with all the grey? OH WAIT, I stopped caring about it a month and a half ago. Who's excited for Duke Nukem? :D

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Khushal said:
hazabaza1 said:
Elaborate please, a big black bar? That sounds bad...
Some games only support widescreen, so when you run them on a 4:3 monitor (square, not rectangular) you get two big black bars on screen, at the bottom and top. It doesn't actually cut out any of the image, but its annoying.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Khushal said:
hazabaza1 said:
Elaborate please, a big black bar? That sounds bad...
Baically, you know how Bioware games go all cinematic with the black spaces at the top and bottom in conversations?
Imagine that. All the time. In a shooter.
Pretty annoying, eh?