Bullying, a way to spread awareness

goodwithwords08

Jul 8, 2009
Last month I saw a particular video on youtube after a certain young lady took her life after being bullied and it shook me to my core. Why do things have to be pushed so far? Why did she have to be pushed so far?

Anyway I made this video in the hopes of raising awareness so if you have the time please watch it and if you can at all help stop bullying from going this far again.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Awarness for what? Is there honestly anyone in the first world unaware of bullying? Teachers are lazy , parents are incompetant , kids are dicks . Always have been that way. People have to get their heads out of their asses before anything happens .

Anyways good luck . ( Sincerely)

Edit : we've all been to highschool . It's a jungle , and the weakest get picked off . Sad , but true . Then again , life after highschool is way worst . If you can't get past highschool . Real life will eat you alive .

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Anyone who isn't aware of bullying is an absolute moron.

See that sentence I just wrote? That could already be considered bullying.

Now realize that bullying is part of human nature, and that it will never go away. Ever!

If you're a victim of bullying than I'm really sorry for you, but all this "bullying awareness" and "stop bullying from happening" just isn't going to help. It's done with the best intentions, but you can't make everyone get along with eachother.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Now that title is just misleading.
Here I was picturing activists bullying random strangers to raise awareness for saving the blue-billed red-quacked platyfuss.

goodwithwords08

Jul 8, 2009
I guess I didn't really do a good job with the title/description. I am very aware that bullying will always be around and there is no getting rid of it, I even say so in the video, the point of it all is that we can keep it from going to the point that someone takes their own life.

Yes everyone is pretty much aware of bullying already but again that isn't the real point of my video, it's trying to get everyone to draw the line and say this is going to far.

All in all like the others said bullying will always be around but I will be sure that if I see someone taking it to far I will do something about it.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The only way people could be any more aware of bullying is if someone gave Obama a wedgie on live TV &#3232_&#3232

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Was this just you trying to get some views on your video? Well I'll have you know I won't fall for your shameless self promoting.

I never understood why people let themselves get bullied, and even more confusing why kill yourself? Why not kill them? Or better yet ruin them. Smash their spine or something and leave the crippled for life, serves them right. If they want to act like an animal than treat them like one.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
You don't need to raise awareness. People are aware of it. What "Raising awareness" actually means is making people aware that you are aware of the problem, and are a good person. Stop that.

Everyone saying "This is too far" or "This is wrong" has never stopped or fixed these problems. They'll be fixed when we find a solution to them, and that solution is not to put on fancy t-shirts, wristbands, or spread viral videos. Take your scauses somewhere else.

How does watching your video make bullying stop? Hint: It doesn't. It gives a person a bunch of views and they grow their e-peen.

If you've got a charitable or humanitarian cause, fucking do something about it, don't just act like a sanctimonious guilt-monger over something that most people already agree with you on simply to express how compassionate you are.

Volunteer at a suicide helpline. That's a way to actually help at that problem. Oh, that'd take effort, and is far less visible.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
Hmm The very sad fact I can see from alot of these comments is that practically everyone is already well aware of bullying... they just can't be made to care about it.

Even going so far as telling people that they shouldn't even bother with whatever little contribution they can think of to combat it.

I'm saddened by this...

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
krazykidd said:
Edit : we've all been to highschool . It's a jungle , and the weakest get picked off . Sad , but true . Then again , life after highschool is way worst . If you can't get past highschool . Real life will eat you alive .
How was your experience after highschool worse? My life improved substantially post highschool. College was fun, as I got to actually decide (to a degree) what I wanted to learn, the cliques and douchebags practically disappeared over night, and I got to be around women on a regular basis (fuck all boys catholic school, seriously).

Highschool by contrast was a nightmare for me. Few friends, poor self esteem (which persisted post highschool but much lessened), and bullying. Hell, I was even drugged in my junior year with lsd in my drink because some guys 'thought it would be funny'. Yea, hilarious. >.>

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Don't make a video to raise awareness, make a video to teach people how to deal with bullies or how to help someone who is being bullied. That is far more helpful. Raising awareness works when its an issue that people can do some action to stop or prevent. Bullying exist because kids are dicks and have issues, raising awareness doesn't make it stop. Teaching kids how to deal with those dicks prevents them from becoming discouraged and being hurt.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I feel like I'm being bullied into hating bullies.

fact: Most bullies come from broken homes and are acting out in the only way they know how to. It doesn't make it right, but they are something to be pitied, not out-bullied by anti-bullies,

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
well. first of all. cool video. :) great that you're doing these things.

secondly. bullying and stopping it... that might be more difficult then we think. you see... people who bully do it because they have no understanding of the victims feelings. i have been bully in almost ever school i have ever gone to and i have tried fighting it in many ways. only way that seemed to work was to bite back (almost literally)i had one bully who kept picking on me and beating me in junior high. one day i cracked. i don't like violence but to feel his nose under my fist after two years was great. i didn't mean to do it, it just happened. i actually regret it a bit because it means i sunk to his level
i am not sure if raising awareness is being done the right way though. we need to figure out a way to put a finger between the bully's eye and go "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" on a mass scale. they won't take it in to consideration before it's personal

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Jux said:
krazykidd said:
How was your experience after highschool worse? My life improved substantially post highschool. College was fun, as I got to actually decide (to a degree) what I wanted to learn, the cliques and douchebags practically disappeared over night, and I got to be around women on a regular basis (fuck all boys catholic school, seriously).

Highschool by contrast was a nightmare for me. Few friends, poor self esteem (which persisted post highschool but much lessened), and bullying. Hell, I was even drugged in my junior year with lsd in my drink because some guys 'thought it would be funny'. Yea, hilarious. >.>
Because the farther you go from high school, the more you realize how unfair life really is. Whether it's the guy who gets fired because he told the son of the boss to do better work, the guy who gets laid off from Hostess because the CEO increased his own six figure salary by 300% while the company is in bankruptcy proceedings, or the woman who gets passed for a promotion because she wouldn't fuck her boss.

Bullying doesn't really stop, it just stops being insults and pushing, and more harassment. Life still stays a huge popularity contest. Best example? Gilbert Gottfried and Dane Cook both made incredibly insensitive remarks about tragedies. Cook is still given million dollars contracts, Gottfried is a social pariah. Because Cook is popular these days, Gottfried is not.
I assumed he was speaking of worse in the context of bullying. Sure, life can be really unfair. Lost my house in Katrina, was homeless for about 4 months, I struggled with depressive episodes for most of my life post adolescence, and I'm a borderline alchoholic. Would I trade any of the problems I went through after highschool for the ones I had during? Hell no. Why? Because I'm better equipped to handle what life throws at me.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
White Lightning said:
I never understood why people let themselves get bullied...
I think it has something to do with the fact that bullying helps makes you feel helpless. It's hard to feel you have any control when it's a group against a single person. It's not like you let them do it and to many it feels like if you tell someone what happened then more people will spring up to get you for speaking out.

Hell, one guy I know used to get bullied in his teens because his mother suffered from mental illness and used to beat the crap out of him regularly as a child. When a group of teens his age took it too far, he punched one in the face and left them running. Then the next day their older brothers showed up and beat him to the ground.

Even if it's not physical, one of my closest friends was mocked all his school years for being German and was ostracised whenever he tried to talk to anyone, pretending they couldn't understand him because of his non-existent accent. If anyone did talk to him they underwent the same treatment. What do you do when it's the majority of your school-year bullying you? They can't suspend over a hundred people.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Violence, or rather, the threat of violence always worked growing up. It's been almost two decades in a more sane time when it came to bullying, but it was effective.

Bullies are cowards and opportunists. Make yourself too much trouble to mess with, even if you fight like crap and they back off. It's just not worth the trouble of getting your face smashed.

Like I said, sane time. Back then I'd get my required punishment but the school faculty knew me enough (and knew the bullies enough) to know I wasn't the aggressor and read between the lines as much as they could get away with when it came to being suspended.

In Junior High things weren't always that way, but I took my punishment with pride. I knew where I stood and it was the right thing to teach that trash a lesson.