Bungie Hints at Reach DLC

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bungie Hints at Reach DLC

If a recent post on the official Bungie blog is anything to go by, Halo: Reach [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285601278&sr=8-1] could soon have more achievements to collect.

Halo fans have poured literally millions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103612-Gamers-Play-Halo-Reach-for-Thousands-of-Years] of hours into Reach since its release earlier this month, and now it looks like Bungie will soon be giving them even more to sink their teeth into. In the most recent weekly update, Bungie seems to have inadvertently revealed an update for the game.

In its most recent weekly update, Bungie demonstrates how to install Reach to the Xbox 360 hard drive in order to take advantage of the vastly reduced loading times. But the screenshots that accompany the post clearly show that Bungie's version of the game has 250 more gamerscore points and ten more achievements than it should. The post doesn't make any reference to any DLC or title updates however, aside from a list of upcoming tweaks that Bungie plans to make to the game's multiplayer mode.

Despite the source of the images, this should probably be filled away under rumor for the moment until we have a little more information. It's almost certain that Reach will get DLC eventually though, and it's not outside the realms of possibility that Bungie has already put a significant amount of work into it.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-27-halo-reach-dlc-already-on-the-way]

Jul 22, 2009
Very sneaky just droping it in like that and not mentioning it...

Anyway we do need more maps, the current ones are pretty good and forgeworld is amazing for custom games.

But by the end Halo 3 had so many amazing maps!

And I know it wasn't the most popular but I loved Rats Nest!

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I think we all could have guessed that there'd be DLC since the game was first announced.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
It would've been a bigger surprise if Reach didn't have any DLC. The only question is what the DLC is.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Dexiro said:
I think we all could have guessed that there'd be DLC since the game was first announced.
That is always the way these days. With games as popular as Halo why wouldn't they do it?

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
I think i'll be fine with any type of DLC but I hope it's not just maps that could be made in forge world.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Let's hope MAYBE some of this DLC will include more space combat (Or a multiplayer mode) at some point.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Damn I'm so close to 1000G on this game and there gonna just go and add more. Oh well I'm all for more Reach content anyway.

LostNumber

Jul 17, 2009
Kyogissun said:
Let's hope MAYBE some of this DLC will include more space combat (Or a multiplayer mode) at some point.
I'd like to at least see a space combat firefight. For such a unique part of the game, you sure don't get to experience it for very long.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Protocol95 said:
I think i'll be fine with any type of DLC but I hope it's not just maps that could be made in forge world.
Those maps will be free, as stated in a weekly update. Basically, if it can be made it forge world, you already own it, so they're just going to add it to a matchmaking playlist.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Well, what the game definitely needs is more multiplayer maps, and more specifically- invasion maps. As of now, there is only one that works better-than-bad.

I would guess, however, that Bungie intentionally put fewer maps in the game to make room for player made ones, which I suspect we will be seeing a lot of in the future. No matter how skilled they are at Bungie, they are no match for the Roaring hordes of creativity that is contained within the halo community.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
If this DLC comes to light within the next 2 months and is not free, Ill be pissed.

It really irks me when games do that: release a game, cut out part of it, re-sell it to us for even more profit. Its a dirty business tactic, its a way of milking your loyal fans, and its a complete disgrace to the industry.

Releasing DLC after a game has got some ground on it is never a bad thing. But there is NO way DLC would be done THIS early after the games release for it not to be on the disk we dropped $60-$150 for.

Even Infinity Ward didnt sink that low Bungie. I am disappointed. Remember when you had credability?

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Very Sneaky Bungie, I must give props

Also, whoever realized that the gamerscore and acheivements were too high also deserves praise

Jan 15, 2010
Please tell me there isn't a human being on earth who didn't see this coming, I mean have you seen how little there is to the game?

Also, I demand MOAR space battles!

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
More is always good....except for more of that space battle junk. If I wanted Space Battles I will fire up Starfox instead.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Obvious DLC is Obvious

Top Seller Games almost have DLC....and besides everyone knows an FPS + Franchise Status get maps from older games. Halo CE Halo 2 Halo 3 and ODST all have maps...