Burger King Grilling Up More Xbox 360 Games

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Burger King Grilling Up More Xbox 360 Games

Burger King plans to get back into humorous videogame development later this year.

Burger King performed an experiment in late 2006 where it developed three videogames for the Xbox 360 which sold for $3.99 with the purchase of a value meal. According to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5566758/burger-king-returns-to-the-360-this-time-for-kinect], the fast food chain has decided that it's time to return to the console for another round.

Exactly what kinds of games will be created this time hasn't been announced yet, but you can bet that at least one of them will feature Burger King's creepy, yet awesome, king mascot. The titles created in 2006 included Pocketbike Racer, a minibike racing game, Big Bumpin', a bumper car game, and Sneak King, which is Metal Gear Solid with burger gifting. They all featured achievements too.

Burger King's first attempt in the videogame world was successful, and as Burger King's chief marketing officer Mike Kappitt said: "Our first endeavor with Xbox 360 took the gaming world by storm, so we couldn't pass up the chance to come together on another cutting-edge program." This could mean that the future flame-broiled games will be played through Microsoft's Kinect [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101312-First-Impressions-Microsoft-Kinect].

Kappitt continues: "During this year's promotion, our guests can look forward to an even greater adventure that will stimulate the imaginations of gamers and entertainment-lovers of all shapes and sizes." I can believe that Burger King will come up with something better than minibike racing and bumper car bumping by incorporating the use of Kinect, but better than Sneak King? Does this mean that Burger King will truly put us into the greasy shoes of the Burger King this time, perhaps even making us assume his patented creeper position? I'm intrigued. We'll find out more later this year.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5566758/burger-king-returns-to-the-360-this-time-for-kinect]

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I actually have all three of those original games. They're very mild fun for a brief amount of time, but they serve pretty well as conversation pieces.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Microsoft should try there hand at making Burgers, it could turn out better!

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Wahful said:
Hahaha. I hope you were joking, imagine what a RROD or BSOD death would do in your stomach.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
They should do a 40-hour epic that makes The legacy of Kain series look like a primary school nativity play.

If they do that, I will buy one of their burgers.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
I hate the Burger King's mascot so much, its one of the most creepy faces I have ever seen. Would you really trust a burger trademarked under that face?!

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Paddin said:
I hate the Burger King's mascot so much, its one of the most creepy faces I have ever seen. Would you really trust a burger trademarked under that face?!
Yes, yes I would.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Burger King: preparing little gamers for a lifetime of soul-crushing work serving burgers and fries since 2006.
Paddin said:
Of course I would. He's just so happy!

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Will the new Slim 360 have a Hamburger slot? Maybe when ever we beat a mission a delicious Whopper will appear inside. Or maybe BK will have a subscription plan where you pay monthly for Whoppers delivered straight to your console while you play. Glorious!

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
I want a game where I can shoot that retarded KING of theirs....over and over and over again. LOL!!!!!

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I was interested until I read Kinect. If I can play it with the regular controller, I'm in... but I'm not shelling out any money for Kinect until it gives me a good reason to. This does not equate to a good reason.

TheComedown said:
Wahful said:
Hahaha. I hope you were joking, imagine what a RROD or BSOD death would do in your stomach.
Well you have to admit that the heat coming off from that must be perfect for grilling burger patties.

Sounds like they have it fixed though, still waiting for a confirmation of GRODs. I forgot who here coined that... I should look it up and give proper credit.

EDIT: s69-5 seems to have been the first... I think. But then Mydnyght went and made a hilarious headline of it... so I'm going to split it fifty-fifty between them.

Glover09

Jun 19, 2009
Digikid said:
I want a game where I can shoot that retarded KING of theirs....over and over and over again. LOL!!!!!
Agreed. Crappy food and shitty tie-ins and promotions. Why am I not surprised.