Burglar Busted for Posting Crime Scene Photos on Facebook

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
OT: Yeah... that about summed up all my thoughts. this is just... this is why I believe we need a license to have people breathe.
That's not necessary. You see, it's physically impossible for people to get dumber than this, because if they do, they get arrested even more quickly than this guy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
shirin238 said:
KeyMaster45 said:
shirin238 said:
I wonder what the legal terms are for "being a complete idiot" ...
Probably something like "Perpetual Incontinence"

Poor bastard probably thought he was being clever by leaving his victim a picture of him with the stolen stuff. Like as a way of really leaving the guy with a "Fuck you working man." or something along those lines.

Still, this is pretty facepalm worthy. I imagine the interrogation went like this.

Robber: "You guys ain't got nuthin on me!"

*cops pull up facebook and point to picture description of "I just robbed yo ass!"*

Robber: *coughs* I'd like to plead guilty now please.
I thought incontinence had something to do with bowl movements or the urinal tract xD
I could be wrong, it has been a long time since I opened a biology book
Yeah... "perpetual incontinence" = "never stop urinating". He means "perpetual incompetence".

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
And I thought merely taking a picture/ video of oneself perpetrating a crime was stupid enough. But as usual, technology has proved that people can be even stupider than I once suspected.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Caliostro said:
What the fuck...? I mean... What? I can even understand those absurd lapses of better judgement that lead these kind of mental defective into keeping, or even publishing, rather incriminating evidence... But why in the living fuck would you post that on the facebook page of the person you just robbed? You might as well just mail it to the fucking police directly with a hand written and signed confession.

It's not like he was caught because he didn't cover his tracks... He actually placed his own tracks, polished and installed neon lights on them so they couldn't be missed.

How is he even capable of breathing?

Daemascus said:
It is hard to beleve how stupid this guy is. Its bad enough when they post stuff like this on their facebook page but the victems? Thats almost unbelevable.
I just want to point out how ironic it is that your post is a grammatical train wreck. It's just... Hysterical.
Your life must be pretty unfulfilling if you find that hysterical. Which should also have a lower case h due to it being after a pause, not a full stop...hysterical.

OT: Yeah...I'm almost glad about this, it's like a self regulating hand yourself in service.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]

I can only handle so much fail at once, and I'm near maximum capacity
Damn beaten to it. But honestly, a thousand facepalms wouldn't come close to covering the amount of fail possessed by this incredibly thick thief.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Say what? How dumb can you be?

I can't comprehend the idoicy invovled in this. Posting a picture of the stuff you just took on the victims Facebook?!

WTF?!

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
lacktheknack said:
shirin238 said:
KeyMaster45 said:
shirin238 said:

Poor bastard probably thought he was being clever by leaving his victim a picture of him with the stolen stuff. Like as a way of really leaving the guy with a "Fuck you working man." or something along those lines.

Still, this is pretty facepalm worthy. I imagine the interrogation went like this.

Robber: "You guys ain't got nuthin on me!"

*cops pull up facebook and point to picture description of "I just robbed yo ass!"*

Robber: *coughs* I'd like to plead guilty now please.
I thought incontinence had something to do with bowl movements or the urinal tract xD
Yeah... "perpetual incontinence" = "never stop urinating". He means "perpetual incompetence".
That makes a lot more sense, thank you.
And that does make for an awesome legal discussion.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
legal experts suspect that being a complete idiot was likely a contributing factor.
This is easily the best part of the article, and has got to be true

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
shirin238 said:
KeyMaster45 said:
shirin238 said:
Meh, it was a shot in the dark. I was to lazy to pull up webster's online. Either way the inability to keep stupid from leaking out of one's mind may well fall under the definition.

hewhosaysfish

Feb 25, 2010
When I saw the article's title, I thought it meant he posted the pics on *his own* Facebook page and was caught when someone by chance was visiting his page and recognised the house.
And I thought the burglar was being vain, reckless and idiotic.

But really? The *victim's* Facebook?!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Death penalty?
Call it euthanasia.
Make the world a better place one dead dumbass at a time.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Phones, web chat, video chat and websites like facebook. People get away with saying a lot of things using these convenient services. They mistakenly believe they're safe-zones. They're wrong. Even a forum post can get you in trouble if the right people see it and it's bad enough. The only thing is, there are so many of them. So many users talking on phones, so many forum posts (and forums, nowadays) and so many people on websites like facebook. That's why you rarely see "so-and-so arrested for forum post". Take note, I'm talking about extremely bad posts here.

He probably thought the internet was safe. He learned it isn't. Atleast I hope he did. Robbing homes isn't exactly safe either (you can get blown away), but I'm glad this culprit is getting his just deserts.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
That article made me laugh. What a curious degree of stupidity for a "budding criminal mastermind."

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
Garrett is very dissapointed in you, young man.

If only there were pictures of him facepalming... *sigh*

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
The only consolation i have is that we're smart enough to realize how stupid this guy is.