Buy A Portal Gun This April

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Buy A Portal Gun This April

Admit it, you've wanted a portal gun for years. Now you've got your chance.

NECA (it stands for "National Entertainment Collectibles Association") have proven themselves over and over again as some of the finest creators of geek ephemera on the planet. From Harry Potter to Street Fighter, their stock-in-trade is crafting ridiculously high-quality toys that allow adults to simultaneously show affection for various fictions as well as ward off any lingering worries of unexpected procreation.

Now the company has teamed with Valve to mass produce replicas of the titular gun from Portal, and you'll be able to snag one for only $170.

From the official product description:

Beautiful woven ─ ─ curve, the mobile device space of a dream

- Puzzle action game masterpiece of VALVE, [PORTAL]! There is no guy does not start,
"Cancer incidence portal" is "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device" thing, Prop rainy day
Appearance is made to the replica!
- Intact during the game, the mobile device space of a dream that brings together the technology's science aperture
Fully reproduced. Light blue and orange is equipped with the gimmick of course.
Can enjoy the beautiful design of unique products VALVE, fan is a must-see item.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!

In fairness, the above is a machine translation, but you get the gist of the thing, right? Plus, that image at top is a pretty solid representation of a portal gun, so what are you waiting for? Hobby Search is currently accepting pre-orders [http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10175896] for these things, and according to the site, they're scheduled to ship in April.

That's just enough time to incur the wrath of a petulant, tragic AI and stock up on incendiary citrus fruits. Hop to it!

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/2012/02/official-portal-gun-replicas-available-f.php#more]

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Want! But is expensive and the official product description sounds like something you'd find in your Spam Folder.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Science is sexy enough to ward off the nerd stigma, and aperture science doubly so.
Still, it looks a little... cheap looking for that price. You know, a bit too mass produced-ie.

I don't think I'll ever wind up owning one, is what I'm saying.
Even if I did have the disposable income for it.

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah, that's a cool idea, but not worth it at that price. Now, if it was a real portal gun... :p

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I want that so damn bad, but I don't know if I can justify buying it for that much.

But if I can convince someone that does have money that they don't need anymore to buy me one....hmmm.....

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i well read the start of the quote as "beautiful woman" and then got really confused as to what it was talking about...

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Really $170? Thats not bad, I was expecting more like $450ish (and I'm a student). If I have the money at the time, I'll certainly buy it. Does it come with some sort of stand though?

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Other than my playstation and my laptop (which both actually do stuff), this will be the most expensive thing i own. And i WILL own it!!!

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
AlphaAnt said:
"Reservation Closed"

Sadness overwhelming!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! *sob*
I was so ready to lay down the cash too.... doh well.... *clicks waiting list*

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
TAKE MY MONEY! Just take it! All of it! I need that! It's....So beautiful...

OT: I would buy it...If I had the money. Damn...

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Damn lack of money...WANT SO SO BAD.

I would sleep with it, caress it, love it. My very own portal gun... ahhhh.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Zen Toombs said:
Want! But is expensive and the official product description sounds like something you'd find in your Spam Folder.
The site you buy it from is a Japanese one. So I'm guessing that's a downside of translation.

OT: Isn't it weird that some random website is selling this and not say... the Valve Store? [http://store.valvesoftware.com/]

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
From the official product description:

Beautiful woven ─ ─ curve, the mobile device space of a dream

- Puzzle action game masterpiece of VALVE, [PORTAL]! There is no guy does not start,
"Cancer incidence portal" is "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device" thing, Prop rainy day
Appearance is made to the replica!
- Intact during the game, the mobile device space of a dream that brings together the technology's science aperture
Fully reproduced. Light blue and orange is equipped with the gimmick of course.
Can enjoy the beautiful design of unique products VALVE, fan is a must-see item.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
That is the single best product description I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Out of all the things it translated, 'The Cake is a lie' was done perfectly. Fantastic. That's a pricy hunk of flashy plastic though, no matter how beautifully woven the curves of this prop rainy day are.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Do want, but why oh why does it have to be a replica?!

Soon they will make my precioussss