Buy A Warhammer 40k Space Marine Chapter For $11K

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Elijah Newton said:
Echo136 said:
Can i instead pay $11k for the next Dawn of War game?
Man, no kidding. All too often playing DoW I'd look at the units in game and think, "It'd've cost a fortune to field this and taken forever to play this out."

Hope the next iteration includes base building again. I had a really hard time getting into DoW 2 myself and I think it was in part due to the lack of it. It just felt a little off.
If it even comes out at all. THQ is gone so that series is floating in the wind right now.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
This is absurd. Who would pay $11,000 for the Smurfs? Make them Salamanders or Space Wolves and we'll talk.

You could call it the "Wolf Pack".

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Someone explained the logic behind this kind of humongous offer: Even if no one buys this (and I do think a few really rich fans have bought a set), the offer generates publicity, which leads to site traffic. And a few of those visits will turn into sales of more affordable items. Given that the only cost to Games Workshop is posting up the offer on their website, the campaign will be at least indirectly successful.

Echo136 said:
If it even comes out at all. THQ is gone so that series is floating in the wind right now.
Someone bought all the 40K licenses from THQ. I foget who exactly.

Spacefrog

Apr 27, 2011
MetroidNut said:
This is absurd. Who would pay $11,000 for the Smurfs? Make them Salamanders or Space Wolves and we'll talk.

As I mentioned in my earlier post you can paint them grey and they are space wolves or paint them green and they suddenly become Salamanders, that is the magic of the hobby
Last I checked the transfer sheets that come in almost every plastic kit contain most, if not all, the first founding chapters

Sure you don't get any of the space-wolf unique units, but the ones included should be usable by the wolves without much trouble anyway, but think about it the other way, why should they make so big a box for one of the chapters when this one can be used by ANY kind of space marine army you could imagine (As long as the game is big enough)

And you have absolutely no reason to complain about the Salamanders as they have no unique units and can use everything straight out of the box and have to use the exact same codex as the smurfs

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
Spacefrog said:
MetroidNut said:

As I mentioned in my earlier post you can paint them grey and they are space wolves or paint them green and they suddenly become Salamanders, that is the magic of the hobby
Last I checked the transfer sheets that come in almost every plastic kit contain most, if not all, the first founding chapters
YOU FOOL, THE CODEX ASTARTES DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS ACTION