Buy DJ Hero 2, Get DJ Hero For Free

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Buy DJ Hero 2, Get DJ Hero For Free

If you missed out on the first DJ Hero but are thinking about buying the sequel, Activision's willing to give you the first game for free.

If you're planning to pick up DJ Hero 2, then good news: Activision is going to give you a free copy of DJ Hero as an extra treat. However, this deal is only applicable if you happen to be picking up either the Party or Turntable Bundles.

If you're buying the game for yourself, then you'll probably just want to pick up the <a href=http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Hero-Turntable-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B003QOWQP4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1286389219&sr=8-3>Turntable Bundle, which is selling here in North America for $99.99. <a href=http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Hero-Turntable-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B003QOWQP4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1286389219&sr=8-3>The Party Bundle, meanwhile, is $150, but comes with two turntables instead of the usual one.

While DJ Hero certainly enjoyed some brisk sales, it wasn't exactly the blockbuster that so many people expected it to be. It seems likely that the publisher really wants to make the sequel more appealing for consumers by giving them some extra bang for their buck. That said, this sale bonus is a great deal, especially if you never picked up a copy of the first game.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-06-get-dj-hero-free-with-dj-hero-2>Eurogamer

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I'm guessing the free copies of DJH were extras that they couldn't sell.

Still, its a nice 'buy one get one free' deal.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Not a bad deal for $100: 2 games and a turntable. I loved the first, but I hope the turntables work better then the 1st games did. Mine broke fairly quickly.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
So basically 'Pay more and get something extra free''
oh well. Still dont think ill bother. wont fit on my desk for a start

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
This is incredible. :D

Now I just need to think of a single reason for wanting either DJ hero in the first place.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Precisely, the only time Activision will even attempt to offer value is in despiration at a apear on pubic acess TV and annouce that $0 dollars*!!
I'm not poking fun at Activision, I just feel it's silly to spend $100 on games that could easily be replicated by turning on the radio while playing a used Simon Says game, perhaps with a recorded tape of some cheering from a football match for when you win big.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
that's like saying "buy one bag of my drunken taco-night shit, and get the second bag FREE! we'll even include FREE holes for your bag!"

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... thats a nice feath, considering i´m getting DJH2 just because some songs are good, perhaps i might enjoy the firstone.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
activision giving something for free?

they must have done it while kotick wasnt looking

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Which country? Everywhere? That would be awesome. I was thinking about getting DJ Hero.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Would make sense. People who haven't got a turntable get both, and the people who has a turntable already have DJ Hero 1.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
You know, the best part is that most people who rag on DJ Hero never actually played it.

For everyone who complains about Guitar Hero/Rock Band stagnating, DJ Hero was a brilliant mix-up of the genre.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Since I'm diametrically opposed to a good amount of the music in these games, this hasn't sold me on the games at all.

I mean, really. Who's idea was it to put freaking Hollaback Girl on the first one?