Buy Some Really Freaky Xbox 360s for Charity Down Under

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Buy Some Really Freaky Xbox 360s for Charity Down Under

Microsoft has sold 1 million Xbox 360 units down in Australia and New Zealand, and to celebrate, it's auctioning off special 360 units featuring the scowling face of Russell Crowe (and others).

Gamers in Oceania may have struggled under the tyrannical reign of Overlord Michael Atkinson for years, but they were still gamers proud and true (Konsoles for Kids [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation].

It's your standard charity auction - you've got some one-of-a-kind Xbox 360s up for grabs, and all of the proceeds from the auction will be given to the David Peachey Foundation [http://davidpeachey.org/], to help "promote the development of the indigenous youth of Australia." Sounds like a good cause to me!

There are some very unique consoles up for grabs, like the Master Chief Xbox 360 [http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330425413684&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:AU:1123] produced by the Oscar-winning WETA workshop (you know, the guys who did all the stuff for the Lord of the Rings movies), featuring Master Chief diving through the air and blasting the 360's guts out with his battle rifle. I think we can all agree that that's the best possible reason to get a RROD, yes?

The vast majority of the consoles, on the other hand, are just emblazoned with the images (and signatures) of various "A-List celebrities" like Russell Crowe, Kim Kardashian, or former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.

I don't know about you, but I'm not actually sure I want Russell Crowe glaring at me when I'm trying to play Halo. It might throw off my groove.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Wow. That Master Chief Xbox was quite awesome. Impractical, but awesome.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
That Master Chief Xbox. Do want.

Pity it costs AU$710 (and will probably be topping AU$1,000 when the auction ends).

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
I don't like Halo, but I like the Master Chief Xbox, I bid... Ugh, Ten pence? Why can't they auction off high quality (but cheap), one of a kind pretty to look at PC parts? :3

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Xzi said:
Did you just call Kim Kardashian an "A-list celebrity?"

Excuse me while I go hang myself.
I didn't, Microsoft did. Why do you think it's in quotes? :p

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
That Master Chief 360 is damn cool. For some reason, looking at the Russell Crowe 360 reminds of this

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Dude, slash? Fucking slash?[HEADING=1]HOLY CRAP I NEED TO GO GET SOME MONEY![/HEADING]

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is pretty epic! And fir charity too so I approve!

Really sweet chief one, and Russell lol

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The Mark Webber one is pretty nifty, I have a friend who would go ape shit for that one. Harry Kewell is there!!, haha. Please come back to Anfield Harry, the bench is getting so cold without you sat on it all season :p

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
That Master Chief one is freaking sweet! Best thing the Halo universe has created!

Calumon: Every Gangsta and his Mother wants that Crystal 360 Yo!

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
Is it lame that the first thing I thought when seeing the Master Chief 360 was "that's an assault rifle, not a battle rifle"?

lorrdmatt

Jun 3, 2009
rekabdarb said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH kim kardashian is fucking an A-list celebrity?
I think thats what the quotation marks around "A-list celebrities" were implying :p

still though, the Master Chief 360 is awesome. And I wouldn't mind an Xbox signed by Slash either.