Caesar Conquers Gaul in New Total War: Rome II Campaign Pack

Gaius Livius

Oct 30, 2013
Ftaghn To You Too said:
Is the game worth playing yet? From what I hear, it isn't. I think I'll pass on this, and I'll be waiting a good long time before picking up Warhammer Fantasy.
Doesn't matter how long you wait. If you are like everyone else you will find something to complain about and start saying how the old games were better. Wasting your time telling everyone how you hate it and start demanding unreasonable things. If you aren't then disregard the preceding. In all honesty you ought to just keep a close eye on the patch notes page and wait for all the major updates to be finished and out.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
These gits can't even fix up their game before shoveling out some paid DLC :/ Come on now, this is why gamers are skeptical about new games these days...stupid business practices like this one.

Gaius Livius

Oct 30, 2013
Glaice said:
These gits can't even fix up their game before shoveling out some paid DLC :/ Come on now, this is why gamers are skeptical about new games these days...stupid business practices like this one.
You realise they can't just put the ENTIRE team working on patches right?

Gaius Livius

Oct 30, 2013
Epic_Bubble said:
Scorpid said:
I'm tired of DLC making me feel like I've bought only the first half of a game. When the Rome II GoTY comes out I'll get it then.
So much this. 3 months after release, and we're already up to four DLC packs totaling £24? They seems to be taking the piss somewhat.
I already got 2 dlc for free cause you know pre orders. While Im not happy with the game its not a complete waste of my money since they are constantly patching the thing. But yeah wait for the 75% steam sale.[/quote]

Are you honestly complaining about having new content? - It isn't like it isn't like they are charging for a key part of the experience. The game didn't even cost much in the first place (Unless you are one of those people who bought the collectors edition).

(Oops a daisy I must have accidentally changed something so the second quote doesn't come up as a quote)

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
There is no point in getting any total war games aside from Rome / M2TW. I was an ardent admirer of CA until Empire happened.
Shogun Total War - revolutionary new kind of game
Medieval Total War - mostly same game, but redone in Medieval times, whoo!
Rome Total War - a great evolution of an already great game, in Roman times, whoo^2!
Medieval 2 Total War - improved Rome, in Medieval times? With modding made so easy you can basically edit text files and get new results? holy fuck! How awesome is that!
Empire Total War - why does it run so slow. why are troops so retarded. why is the AI so retarded. Maybe mods will fix... oh noes basically no modding support because fuck you modders
Napoleon Total War - fixed version of Empire in a new setting... that should've been part of the Empire? no thanks
Shogun 2 Total War - I heard good things about this, but Japan isn't my thing.
Rome 2 Total War - yay cool graphics?

Medieval 2 Total War runs great, works great, and has tons of mods:
Call of Warhammer (Warhammer Fantasy)
Stainless Steel (proper Medieval setting)
Third Age (lord of the rings
Hyrule Total War (fucking zelda total war)
Westeros (Game of thrones)

etcetcetcetc.

There is simply no point in buying their new games. They've realised that medieval 2 was too mod-friendly for them to make money, so instead of going the support modders way, they want the EA way.

Can't wait till M2TW:K engine is public property ;>

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Epic_Bubble said:
Scorpid said:
I'm tired of DLC making me feel like I've bought only the first half of a game. When the Rome II GoTY comes out I'll get it then.
So much this. 3 months after release, and we're already up to four DLC packs totaling £24? They seems to be taking the piss somewhat.
I already got 2 dlc for free cause you know pre orders. While Im not happy with the game its not a complete waste of my money since they are constantly patching the thing. But yeah wait for the 75% steam sale.[/quote]
Dude, not even then. Because there will some DLC that will come out in a year that's 25 dollars and then another months after that that is 10. So forget that mess, I can wait. I bought Borderlands 2 and I've not bought any DLC and now I am so annoyed that the DLC combined is 200 dollars and that I can't enjoy the game. I know that might seem petty but I can't get over the feeling of being ripped off.