Call Me Ishmael

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Ooh, I'd forgotten about Scary Penny! Does this mean we're on the cusp of a return to office-based antics?

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Charles needs to return! Probably eat the faces off every character who were written off or something.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
standokan said:
Occupy? More like, occuPIE!
(cue laughter)
Thank you, thank you I´ll be here all week.
*Starts stabbing ears with a spoon*

What did I do to deserve such treatment!?
I swear you are in violation of the Geneva conventions with those jokes!!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I think she's trying to tell Erin something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
I think it might have something to do with a white whale and Abraham Lincoln....

DeanoTheGod said:
I like the way way Erin just was the bigger girl... and just took it on the chin... (Well, one of them!)
Daaaaaaaaamn, I can feel the heat on that one.
Well done sir

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Ohh the insults that are flying around here. I thought we love Erin but as soon as one person, who isn't even real starts to make fun of her, everyone feels the need to take pot shots and crack puns.

I'm just jealous I can't think of one.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Tiger Sora said:
Ohh the insults that are flying around here. I thought we love Erin but as soon as one person, who isn't even real starts to make fun of her, everyone feels the need to take pot shots and crack puns.

Haha! I was just reading that thinking, 'surely they arn't being serious...' but then I saw it was just targetted jellousy and knew that it was a fat chance you actually thought we were actually hating on our beloved Erin!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
DeanoTheGod said:
Tiger Sora said:

Haha! I was just reading that thinking, 'surely they arn't being serious...' but then I saw it was just targetted jellousy and knew that it was a fat chance you actually thought we were actually hating on our beloved Erin!
It's quite a Heavy burden to mustard up the guts to take a few cracks at such a widely loved character

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
From hell's heart I zing at thee
It was all Erin could do to keep from blubbering up

also suchong is a camera whore
An adorable camera whore.

And Grey, you're right. We need more Charles D'Bear up in this *****!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
LadyRhian said:
Is Sharon taking notes from GlaDOS?
Other way around. Sharon has been doing this from day one. My favorite was the christmas gift episode.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Obviously it's referencing Moby Dick. Why is everyone freaking out about what it's referencing?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Lord Legion said:
Why does the last speech bubble look like there are a lot of people screaming "FAT" at once?
It's a technique to show how she's yelling it. A variant on the third speech bubble [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_bubble] from the wiki entry for "Speech balloons".

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
CkretAznMan said:
Obviously it's referencing Moby Dick. Why is everyone freaking out about what it's referencing?
For the same reason I got annoyed when I commented on something being a My Little Pony reference, then someone (rather crassly) corrected me claiming it was a VG Cats reference... then I had to correct him by pointing-out that said VG Cats comic was also referencing My Little Pony.

In short, ignorance.

Edit: Speaking of which, it's been about a year since I've checked VG Cats... I should go check out the new comic... maybe there will even be two new ones! (( Edit again: Nope... only one. Least it was humorous, if only because it's true. ))

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Buzz Killington said:
deathbydeath said:
is the title an intentional reference to the freeman's mind episode where he kills the alien shark?

The_root_of_all_evil and Somebloke have already said it, but it's almost certainly a Moby Dick reference instead. Witness the peril of a small reference pool [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallReferencePools].
ooohhh. i thought the title was a reference to that Daniel Quinn book we had to read in high school and i was trying desperately to remember what the hell it was about in order to get the reference. freaking ap lit.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Funny how Erin managed to put a sweater on without moving her hair or changing facial expression.

OfficialJab

Jan 14, 2012
This fat thing has always been weird to me, isn't the ridiculing a bit backwards? Erin is the slimmer one I think.