Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gameplay Unveiled at Xbox E3 Conference

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gameplay Unveiled at Xbox E3 Conference

Xbox One owners will receive first access to all DLC for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Microsoft has given gamers their first look at Call of Duty: Advance Warfare. Showcasing it in a new gameplay trailer, E3 attendees were made privy to a first look at variety of new features that did a fairly decent job at showing off the game's more future aesthetic.

The trailer itself begins with the player in a drop ship on its way to combat zone. Not unexpectedly (this is Call of Duty after all), it's shot down on route resulting in a crash landing. After the player and their companions escape the downed vessel they engage in a quick shoot out followed by a jump down a steep drop that's softened by what would appear to be a jet pack of sorts.

The real action picks up when they hit the streets. Aside from glimpse of mechanized infantry unit, some tanks and a somewhat Killzone-ish armored walker, the trailer showed the player utilizing a new shotgun-style weapon as well as a shielded turret that came equipped with a laser cannon seemingly capable of looking and shooting through walls.

Perhaps the most exciting announcement for Xbox One owners however, came prior to the trailer reveal. Xbox president Phil Spencer revealed that the Xbox One edition of the game will receive all of its future DLC before its equivalent on other platforms.

[gallery=2633]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It looks so fuckin' boring, though. It's like every boring aspect of CoD is combined with every boring aspect of other, better sci-fi shooters. It looks so much like a Black Ops II/Killzone/Crysis hybrid, it's insane.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Unless the unveiling is that main character is a teenage girl named Sami, I don't care.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
RatherDull said:
I don't have my sound on at the moment.

Where exactly is this trailer taking place?
Think it said Seoul South Korea but I could be wrong, was only on screen for a second

OT:

So this actually has me mildly intrigued to see more, not excited, cause after Ghosts that's gonna take a LOT. But I like what I've seen so far.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
So they took Killzone, switched the Helghast for whatever racist stereotype they're using this time, and called it a day. OK. You know, BlOps 2 and Ghost have kinda been sliding downwards a bit, but I think this might be the straw that breaks CoD's back.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Gearhead mk2 said:
So they took Killzone, switched the Helghast for whatever racist stereotype they're using this time, and called it a day. OK. You know, BlOps 2 and Ghost have kinda been sliding downwards a bit, but I think this might be the straw that breaks CoD's back.
You think the devs are getting sick of making COD games?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
It's amazing... that I find the detail and graphics stunning but I'm still bored when watching the game play. I'm sure they will have more interesting events to show of eventually. Or maybe not.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
flarty said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
You think the devs are getting sick of making COD games?
Oh lord yes. But they're just the guys making the games, they don't get paid enough for their opinion to matter. Only the investors get to say what gets made.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait a minute, South Korea? Are the main villains of this game the North Koreans? Because I could've sworn that I read it was an American PMC who thought that America should stop acting like the world police.

Also, same old same old, a few gimmicks and a fresh coat of paint on the same tired thing.

Why can't we get graphics that stunning in a game that's actually good?

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I think what separates CoD from being an all around great game is the lack of mod tools. If these guys encouraged the modding scene, the diverse mechanics they use and then immediately throw away could be served to make this game have essentially endless content. But that wouldn't be under their control and subject to making them more money via map packs.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, it looks like cod, it does appear to have a bit better pacing though, it actually took a little while to setup the environment. The gameplay looks... well the shooting looks standard, the grenade types look neat though, it seems like its an early level at a low difficulty and those can be pretty boring in cod games. If you can make your own multi icon like in the blops series then I might get it since I love to shoot people in the head with a smirking Princess Celestia.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I can't believe they actually did the "Go on without me" thing... God!

But unlike Black Ops II this doesn't get me excited. I'll probably wait for a price drop, 'cause I would like to see where Sledgehammer is going with this. There are some cool things but I do wonder how long we'll get to see them.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I like the future tech, especially the grenades, but like other CoD games the combat feels too inconsequential. There's no real impact to the fighting and it just seems to happen at random. I know it's trying to be realistic and war isn't fun, but games are supposed to be.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
It looks years better than Ghosts. My hopes have been slightly raised yet again. Still not pumped about it like I used to be, but we'll see.
And that has got to hurt. Just...ow at the end of the trailer there.

Anyone else get "Rameriz! Do everything!" flashbacks at the beginning?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Man, that is a great perk, being able to be the first to pay for day one priced DLC. Those Xbox One owners sure are lucky.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Looks boring. So generic and they have just taken bits from other games or sci fi movies. Those swarm drones look like something out of Matrix.