Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Leaked, Releases November 4 - Update

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Leaked, Releases November 4 - Update

Birds fly, grass grows, and Call of Duty gets another yearly installment. But this time Kevin Spacey will be in it.

At this point, it's pretty much a given that a new Call of Duty title will release every year, so it should come as no surprise that leaked information about the upcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare suggests it will launch in November of this year. November 4, to be exact. Furthermore, it was revealed (and later confirmed [http://instagram.com/p/neawCsSp2H/]) that legendary actor Kevin Spacey will have a role in the new game.

The leak also encompasses a trailer (which you can watch on Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml] has learned the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, revolves around a soldier of fortune group run by Spacey's character that has turned on the United States government.

[gallery=2432]

From the trailer and the screenshots, it looks like Advanced Warfare will go for a "near-future" style, which looks to ape Crysis right down to the nanosuit that allows for enhanced super strength and speed.

For the record, this will be the first Call of Duty title developed solely by Sledgehammer Games, who had previously worked together with Infinity Ward on prior titles.

Update: Trailer added.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml]

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I know this announcement is going to be met with an outpouring of contempt because that's what happens when you mention CoD on this site, but my interest is piqued simply because it looks like they are taking this one in a more sci-fi direction. Like actual sci-fi, not five minutes in the future like BLOPS2.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Revolutionary said:
Absolutely nothing like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter we promise.
No promises it has nothing to do with Advanced Wars.

Also, Kevin Spacey? Do we get to have our orders given in a mellifluous southern accent?

EDIT: watched the trailer.

So either Kevin Spacey is your boss or the big bad behind it all. Given his critical monologue of US foreign policy, it may be both (ala MW2). Sadly, no southern drawl, but there's enough umphf in it to lend some weight to the character.

Also, any word on who under Activision is developing it? Tryarch started exploring some interesting thematic concepts (even if they did get a bit silly) in CoD:BO2 and a part of me hopes that the continuity of World at War/BO/BOII is continued just to see what happens (Reznov as an AI? Why the hell not?). Sledgehammer is listed, but I have no idea if they cannibalized chunks of Tryarch or Infinity Ward to make this game.

Still, the trailer is miles beyond Ghosts visually.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, if they add more to the gameplay instead of just using the newer technology for prettier backdrops and cutscenes, they might be golden. Still though, they could have come up with a better name...

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Least it seems a little less "'Murica" than the the previous installments. I haven't been interested in a CoD game since MW2, this is a nice refreshing change of pace.

EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course. Just glad that the story doesn't seem to consist of masturbating into the american flag and then smothering yourself with it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Advanced warfare? Have we already had one of those? I can't keep track

I'm hoping the downward slope will start...I think this gen needs to shake off last gens fashions

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Sledgehammer seem to be trying their darnedest to make a worthy Call of Duty, especially since their not shooter Call of Duty was cancelled so they could work on Infinity Ward's dying coughs.

It looks like they can go in an interesting direction with it, but I get the impression that it'll get brought down to conspiracy nonsense like in MW2, MW3 and Ghosts.

squeebles12

Jul 2, 2012
I wasn't impressed by the description of it at all and the screenshots looked terrible for some reason to me, but honestly after watching the trailer I found myself thinking it looked quite good. I'm also kinda impressed by Spacey as it sounds like for once we won't have a game that is based solely around the awe inspiring power of 'murica and how it protects every part of the world at the same time, a la Team America.
So for now I am going to be cautiously optimistic about this one.

Still think that no call of duty has ever been able to do good faces, for some reason they look like painted play dough

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Never thought I'd say this again, at least not since COD4, but...

I'm actually intrigued by a new Call of Duty game.

While I can't say I'm necessarily excited for this one, it does in the very least seem like Sledgehammer is trying something new with the series. Something that hopefully breathes new life into what has been a stagnant stalwart for years now.

Kevin Spacey playing either the good-guy head-honcho or the big bad is just icing on what one can only hope isn't a shit cake.

Mar 19, 2010
Looks like crap and will be crap 60? for 8 hour boring on the rails shooting infinite amounts of enemies till you advance to the next bleep on your map. Last good CoD was the modern warfare 1. After that i would not even torrent it its that shit.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I'm really beginning to dislike this whole "actor's likeness remodelled in game" trend going on...
It was cute in Mass Effect where it was the odd random model turned into a blue alien or whatever, but now it just seems to be video games trying to copy what a celebrity face does for movies...
Kevin whyyyy!? D:

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It looks interesting. But I have to see some gameplay before I can confirm that. You know how it is with CoD. They release a really good trailer but the actual gameplay is the same old.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
******* BREAKING NEWS: [http://mybfolder.com/pics/2620-1287550828.jpg]NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME TO BE RELEASED THIS NOVEMBER ******* [https://www.youtube.com/v/tcoVxbutl8g&start=32&end=36]

Seriously though, I'm kinda curious how this one will turn out. It being Sledgehammers first one and stuff. Not that I really intend to buy it, as I kinda lost interest in the serious around MW2, but that's me personally. I really hope for the series' fans that Sledgehammer has more technical competence on the PC front than IW. From what I've seen the PC versions of MW3 and Ghosts were a fucking mess, and that's a real shame.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Now if only they can get it to not run like a disabled turtle on anything but NASA's supercomputers and actually have an FOV slider I might get it for PC. Ghosts was fucking terrible, and thank god for them giving us a free weekend so I can learn not to buy it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Okay, I'll admit it. The fact that it has Kevin Spacey in it makes me more excited for it than I should be.

Interested to see what/how Sledgehammer do with the franchise as well.