Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I'm downloading a freeware movie maker, gonna take the MW2 trailer and dub a Kenny Loggins track onto it, then show Bobby Kotick to show him the error of his ways.

"HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE!"

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
darthzew said:
Why does it seem like the more I learn about this game, the less interested I get?
It was like Me and Convition. But the more I learned about Conviction, the bigger the wet patch I got out of excitement.

I'll try, but it seems Black Ops is getting too crammed.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
I like Eminem, but...why with Call of Duty:Black Ops? Are they just saying it'll be in the trailers like Modern Warfare 2 (really good trailer).

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Geez people relax Eminem is like the only good rapper these days. It would probably be a song that plays at the credits dont judge till you actually see the game.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
So that gives me one good reason to buy the game. Unfortunately for the CoD people, I can save £40 by buying the album instead, giving me all of Eminem's music and sparing me from playing their crappy boring game! Huzzah!

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
You guys know it will very likely be in a trailer or the ending credits? I severly doubt they would put an artists song (feel dirty now) in the actual game.

If it's a trailer, don't watch it and if it's the end credits, leave the room or skip

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Hmmm, I don't like this news =\

Eminem was ok at best with his original works, but nowadays, I dunno... he's a bit crap, frankly.

I would have expected to hear some sweet old tunes from the actual era, to be honest - stuff like Hendrix might have been good.
He's been crap lately, but with this new album that's come out, he's really redeemed himself. I feel like one of the only people who like Eminem here, he doesn't take himself too seriously and is a very clever lyricist. I agree with Simalacrum here though, although I like Em, I don't think his music would complement the game, especially not if it's set in the Vietnam-war era.

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
The DSM said:
Ermm....

Let me show you how far apart these subjects are...

Rap--------------------------------------------------------------------------------War

Thats very far.

Next we are going to have Metal in a RTS

...Oh wait Brual Legend, crap...
It's fun because you can do it with any thing.

Autotune--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Laziness

Nerd/Dork/Geeks (what ever you want to call your self)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (actually good) Video Games

Oil--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fucking with nature

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I like how everyone is completely determined to hate this game, the escapist is the only game website I come to where this happens.

And it is hilarious

OT:
I enjoy some of eminem's stuff (saying that after I just got back from download festival... yeah Im nuts), I would be interested how they incorporate his work into the game.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Why rap?

I liked the type of music they used for Nazi Zombies. Especially the 'Shi No Numa' telephone easter egg.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
What is wrong with you people? I personally think eminem's music is good. And I also am going to play black ops because it looks good and the call of duty franchise hasn't failed me yet.

Alloflifedecays

May 28, 2008
Remember when Modern Warfare showed how jock assholes raised on ritalin and Michael Bay movies tend to get their faces nuked off in actual war?

Well it's good to see that now the CoD series is marketed to these guys directly.