Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Features Gameplay, Cynicism

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
Asehujiko said:
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Strange how it is meant to be in the cold war and Vietnam era, yet they are using weapons made well after that.
Any example?
That fancy steyr bullpup ar, first used in 9178.

Also, those explosions look like absolute crap, are they recording those from the wii version or something?
So... The Cold War didn't end in 1991?

It ended sometime before 1978?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Meh. I'm still gonna wait for people to tell me how the actual game is before I consider getting excited over this.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Strange how it is meant to be in the cold war and Vietnam era, yet they are using weapons made well after that.
Example?
Off the top of my head, I can think of the spas 12, which was invented after the vietnam war and at the end of the cold war, the Steyr Aug was invented near the end of the vietnam war, the minigun was developed in the 1990's, and the m4 was rarely used in the vietnam and cold war, if at all.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
ddq5 said:
Is it just me or does the squat leader with the headband look like an asshole?
Pointing out the typo there, but please dont change it, its hilarious xD

OT: I love the idea of fastroping from a exploding helicopter and swinging into a building, serious style.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
This has in a strange way pissed me off. You see, i'm annoyed at activision and I don't want to buy their games untill they seem to lay off the haterade (not a boycott... it's just a personal thing). I intend not to buy this, but they had to go and make it look awesome didn't they just so me not buying it will piss me off. I'd like to also add I won't pirate it either, I would never do that, in case thats what you thought i'd do instead.

Still, so far it looks like a really cool game. But I will point out so did MW2 too me, and that proved to be abit dissapointing.

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Example?
Off the top of my head, I can think of the spas 12, which was invented after the vietnam war and at the end of the cold war, the Steyr Aug was invented near the end of the vietnam war, the minigun was developed in the 1990's, and the m4 was rarely used in the vietnam and cold war, if at all.
The Minigun was developed in 1963.

And why does everyone think that we will only visit Vietnam? There will clearly be some action in the late 70's.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Looks pretty damn good but I think Im going to get the new Medal of Honor instead.

Also did anyone else see the Captain Price look-alike with the exact same hat and mustache. Thank god he didnt sound like him or that would just be over the top.

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
flaming_squirrel said:
A crossbow....seriously?

There I was thinking 'realism' couldnt go much further down hill after akimbo was put in.
Actually, according to some article I read about the game, the crossbow was based on a weapon used by one of the people who fought alongside one of the guys they interviewed.

OT: Looks sweet! Definitely thinking about buying this one.

Fenolio

May 22, 2009
Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. / We live in a world where seeing is not believing.
Calling it now.
They re-work it so that america are the good guys and that somehow the vietnam / cold war was part of a secret plan by the vietnamese(Spl?) and russians to overthrow the world.

Also, from what i've gathered. 'Black Ops.' Usually means STEALTH or easily deniable.
Piloting a helicopter with explosions all around is not stealth. That is a bay film.

If a black ops team caused the amount of [Insert-expletive-of-choice-here] that appeared in that trailer then they would probably be out of a job.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Example?

And why does everyone think that we will only visit Vietnam? There will clearly be some action in the late 70's.
My bad on the minigun, the internet is unreliable for information, but my point still stands on the others. I never said I thought we will only visit Vietnam, but it is evident that a majority of the game will be based on Vietnam.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Looks like fun, and I wouldn't really ask more from what is the blockbuster of games. The main complaints appear to be guns, which frankly, I couldn't give a shit about, and realism, which is pretty stupid as this is a game. Realism takes a backseat to fun.

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Darkstar370 said:
ultimateownage said:
Example?

My bad on the minigun, the internet is unreliable for information, but my point still stands on the others. I never said I thought we will only visit Vietnam, but it is evident that a majority of the game will be based on Vietnam.
Yeah, but it's still entirely possible that there will be some fighting in the late 70's.

We'll have to wait and see.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
So by saying "Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. / We live in a world where seeing is not believing." is that them basically saying "Yeah, we've changed a lot of stuff but you weren't therrrre maaaaan" so can refute it?

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
GODDAMNIT! I knew they were going to go with the Hollywood interpretation of Black OPs. Only saving grace is that he guy in the beginning looks like my dad, who was a Black Ops operative.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
flaming_squirrel said:
A crossbow....seriously?

There I was thinking 'realism' couldnt go much further down hill after akimbo was put in.
Oh, not just a crossbow, an EXPLODING FUCKING crossbow, that is the most awesome thing I've seen all day. And to add to that, what I distinctly think were spaceships.

This .. is awesome.

Also the end "And so Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in Greece"