Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Features Gameplay, Cynicism

Jan 23, 2009
Wait - why does this one have dedicated servers?!

It looks cool. I havn't really done the whole 'nam era before.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
I think I'll wait a few more trailers before I decide on if I'm going to get this. At the moment, I can't quite work out if I should get it, rent it, or (like WaW) leave it well alone.
I didn't do that with MW2 - based soley on the 'Infamy' trailer, I ended up buying it on the day it came out...

If CoD:BO [sub]not to Trey...please, don't use that...BO?![/sub] has great guns - (SA80!shutup) I'll be happy.

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
IamQ said:
GrinningManiac said:
I find it funny that this looks identical to MW2

Russia and Snow Many fps games has had snow, and it's only speculated to be in russia
Sunny and rebels (Brazil=/=Vietnam apparantly) [/b] Jungle is jungle, it's not that different.
Explosions What games doesn't have explosions?
Some sort of mountaineering/base jumping activity I can give you that, but I don't think that's enought to have the game looking that much like MW2.
Vehicle sections Most fps's got that
More Russia Many fps's also got russia

LEAVE RUSSIA ALONE! THEY'RE NOT THE ENEMY ANY MORE
Yeah, I don't think those are proper reasons for it to look like mordern warfare 2. Going by those standars, every fps is a MW2 clone.
I'll have to agree with the fact that it rips off mw2, but only because it's made by Treyarch. My experience playing WaW is that Treyarch tends to just make their game like the last CoD. They don't inovate at all. Basically what I'm saying is that all that WaW added were a few new weapons, vehicles, and zombie levels. Nothing too serious. However the first modern warfare implemented killstreaks, the air support levels, multiplayer loadouts, and perks. Treyarch just took these same things and brought them into a new game without expanding on them.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
O_O looks AWESOME. hopefully the game will be at least as brilliant as WaW, and not as shitty as every IW game to date (including COD2 and 4)

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
Intro explosion effects are so, so, SO terrible.
Let's hope this'll be the first Treyarch COD that isn't dirt.

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
Crossbows?
A Call of Duty game with what appears to be a story?
Congradulations Treyarch. I'm sold!

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I'm excited. I love the COD games, always have, likely always will. I just hope I have a next gen console by the time it comes out!!!

dreamtime

Jan 10, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks this just looks like a tired, uninspired mess of a story with a few cool heavily scripted set-pieces and not much else?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Blind Sight said:
GrinningManiac said:
LEAVE RUSSIA ALONE! THEY'RE NOT THE ENEMY ANY MORE
Who else are the American game companies going use as a foreign strawman?

I do agree, I'm really sick of all these 'Russians r bad' ideas in games. In things sent in the Cold War its not really that bad, but I'm absolutely amazed how companies are setting up Russians in-game as some kind of naturally evil, dictator-like, war-mongering people. They don't dive into the ideology or the reasons why they fight, they just fight cause the plot demands it. All I'm asking for is an explanation to why they're doing this, and a complex plot like 'Russians disguised as Americans gunned down people in an airport so clearly they'd invade the Eastern Seaboard cause that's what Russians do' doesn't do it for me.
i think they should have a game where the USA invades the world to meet its demand for resouces. just to see their reaction, and to hear people say we wouldnt invade for resources we've never done that.

OT: i was going to ignore this game but it does seem to be appealing. if however there is only 1 included zombie map i think i will have to forget it in defiance.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So, from this video, I have discerned that Price is teaming up with Solid Snake and Vasquez to fight Snowtroopers from Hoth?

Wait.. what?!

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Well great, now I know they're turning "millions died so America could have a dick waving contest with the Soviets" to "WAT NO EXLPOSNS??/ WEL EXPLODE SOMMORE!!111ONEONEONELOLOLOL". Seriously, they changed it so America wins (undermining the whole "they died for nothing" factor a bit), gave them exploding freaking crossbows, and made it so that the sacrifice of those who died is made unapparent, instead deciding that explosions are far better then remembering the dead for their sacrifice.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Looks great and if I let it I would get hyped up about it. Then again that's what I let MW2 do to me and I ended up disappointed so I'm not sure if I will bother with this one. I might just wait till Portal 2. Although a new zombies thingy does sound nice and a lot of fun.

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
OK so with the "removal" of the IW team, Call of duty becomes Treyarch's baby and they can go out and do whats they want with it.
Me I like CoD WaW, solid, fun WW2 action, and it did not take itself too seriously. That was an issue i had with MW2.
so i'm excited trailer look sweet and awesome.