Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Introduces the CODnapper

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Introduces the CODnapper

The Call of Duty: Ghosts CODnapper is someone we could all stand a visit from now and then.

Social obligations getting you down? Activision has the solution. Meet the CODnapper, an elite operative whose team will not only relieve you of said obligations in favor of a more pleasant way to pass the time, but will also ensure that you don't face any grief when you get back.

The CODnapper takes his place alongside last year's Replacer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/6748-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-The-Replacer-Trailer] as a man who does what's necessary to ensure that you have fun - specifically, Call of Duty fun. And while the "young male seeking escape from nagging family" angle is a tired cliche, it's hard to blame Activision too much for playing to its audience. I don't know if it's good marketing - the look on the face of the driving instructor is far more memorable than anything the video said about Onslaught - but it's good fun, which I'll take over an overwrought Linkin Park song any day of the week.

The Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC launches on January 28 for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Release dates for other platforms have not been announced.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Oh my god these are the best commercials (can you call them that) I'VE EVER SEEN!! I don't even have the game and I'm pumped for it!!

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Personally, I'd love to hear the CoDnapper's thoughts on dogs and caravans. And bloody Pikeys.