Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Let You Play as the Dog

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Well this is....good news(?) I really can't wait to bark my arse infront of this game and have a howling good time.

Snazzymathematics

Apr 16, 2013
Eh, I'm still a bit iffy on buying it. You'll probably play as the Steven McRuffinghan the third for one mission before never playing as him again. Like all the awesome gadgets that would've made an amazing game if you could use them anytime in Black Ops 2.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
That...does not sound like it's going to be fun. Characters in CoD already bark orders at you to do certain things. "Wait til my signal to shoot that guy!", "Get behind cover!", "Get that missle launcher!"...Yah, I don't want to actually become a dog so I can get told to do even more tedious tasks.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
HOLY FUCK that's the first new-sounding thing that series has provided in a long time. Still following in the footsteps of older games like Jet Force Gemini and Dead to Rights: Retribution, but still, I'm glad to see they're actually doing something different than the last few games.
I've got $5 that says the dog dies and you're supposed to feel sad about it. Also, I've got another $5 that says it's gonn a let you control the obnoxious broken killstreak dogs.

So very not sold on this...

And sadfly I do like COD, but all that needs to happen for it to be worthless to me is for Killzone: Shadow Fall to offer splitscreen multiplayer with bots.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
And the playable section ends with the dog diving in-front of you, slow-mo Bodyguard-style as it takes a bullet for you, and then your human kills the guy that shot you. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the death scenario I came up with the dog that I posted in one of the podcast comment sections.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Collar of Duty! Those terrorists are really barking up the wrong tree this time! Surely such an elite strike force will give paws to their actions. Maybe even send them running with their tail between their legs.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Blunderboy said:
And people say that CoD never innovates.
:p they don't, another game who's name escapes me at the moment did the 'play as a dog' thing to, Yahtzee reviewed it awhile ago as I recall.

That said, this is still kinda cool, not enough to make me wanna a CoD game in my home, but still cool

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'm not really sure playing as a dog is something to really advertise as being something worth noting. Might as well advertise being able to control the Metal Gear Mk II in MGS4. This doesn't seem any different to me.

Anyway, I don't really plan to buy this game. The only way I would is if my friends and I all buy the same console, and they buy it. Which would basically be so I could play with them. That's my two cents.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
IF THE DOG DIES I SWEAR WE'RE THROUGH INFINITY WARD!

I just can't do dogs in games man... They always die and it's heartbreaking </3

[sub]Yes i'm a dog person.[/sub]

I'm not one for CoD games anymore (skipped BO2 entirely and played next to no MW3) but shit son. Dogs.

Lunar Templar said:
Blunderboy said:
And people say that CoD never innovates.
:p they don't, another game who's name escapes me at the moment did the 'play as a dog' thing to, Yahtzee reviewed it awhile ago as I recall.

That said, this is still kinda cool, not enough to make me wanna a CoD game in my home, but still cool
Dead to Rights Retribution I believe it was. He was making Re-word jokes the whole time.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
FUCKING SOLD! Truly this will change the face of gaming as we know it. How much are people willing to bet that they'll off the dog for some cheap shock value?

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
an annoyed writer said:
HOLY FUCK that's the first new-sounding thing that series has provided in a long time. Still following in the footsteps of older games like Jet Force Gemini and Dead to Rights: Retribution, but still, I'm glad to see they're actually doing something different than the last few games.
Fuck me a remember that game. It was trippy as hell.

OT: They'd better not kill the fucking dog. Dogs dying is always sad.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Me55enger said:
When I ask this, I ask it with all the bitter, sarcastic irony my overwieght British corpse can muster:

But how is it going to hold the gun?
Ah. We are witnessing history here, behold the creation of a brand new genre: the First Person Biter

UnnDunn

Aug 15, 2006
RJ 17 said:
UnnDunn said:
Now let's have dog gameplay in multiplayer... make it a scorestreak or something.
That's what I'm guessing they'll end up doing. It'll likely be similar to a chopper-gunner or something in that you'll run off and hide your actual guy before calling in the dog, at which point you open a little computer that "gives the dog directions", letting you play as the dog.
I imagine it playing just like the RC-XD scorestreak in Black Ops, only with more leaping bites and fewer self-detonations.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
...that's been done before. Back in the 1990's, too.

The original Rise of the Triad had a powerup that turned you into a dog for a period. The new one's going to have the same power up as well.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
So, anyone want to take bets on how long it takes PETA to come up with a "parody" of this?